Why become a member? ×

Zoom B2 Patches

Hot Tub

Thanks for the link, I'll give some of the patches a try.

I've just been messing around with the B2 this very evening.

I've had my pedal for a couple of years now but I've never really tried to program it before.

I like the idea of the pedal but I've found that when I run the preset effects through my amp they are either too thin or they are way too bassy.

Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

Maybe I should program the unit while through my amp rather than listening directly through a pair of headphones??

Yeah don't use the headphones.

Don't play too close to your amp, ever. I keep my amp under my desk, and that's where I used to play until recently, when I pointed the amp into the centre of the room and moved myself to the other side, and the difference was unbelievable. You can only appreciate the tone etc. with the amp pointing in your direction at a distance, that's the only way to get a true feel of the sound, otherwise it's just passing you by (literally).

So dial in these presets, and then tailor them to your liking judging by what you hear with your own ears, but make sure you're properly positioned to hear what it is that's actually going on.

Likewise don't use the headphones as this is far from a true representation of the sound that you will actually be getting out of the amp, and that's the most important thing at the end of the day. The obvious exception being if you're recording, but that's a different kettle of fish altogether.

Hope this was at least slightly helpful.