Why become a member? ×

Another lightweight cab thread/query

absolutpepper

Hey guys

Ive just purchased a Little Giant 1000 from the marketplace and i'm starting to think about cabs. I wont be buying for a few months (maybe 6) but I was looking for some advice. Obviously much has been made about the 500x500 non-bridgable issue and I reckon that for most of the gigs, etc I will be playing the 500w from a single channel will cover my needs (plus my Ric has such a 'hot' output there should be no issues there!).

Initially I wanted a Markbass or Genz head but after much deliberation I dont think that with the amount of gigging I am doing at the moment that I can really justify that (one for the future I expect), anyways I digress.

So I guess the question is what cab recommendations can you give me for this. I really would like a single cab that is relatively lightweight and sub £300 but one which can put out enough oompf that I wont be struggling too much for headroom and it doesnt have to be too esoteric.

Cheers

Chris

There's a Zoot Neo in the Affiliates section for £200 posted, probably 8ohms though. Would still be pretty loud though

Ashdown did a Superfly cab with 2 x 4ohm outputs to get the full power from the head. Don't see any reason why you couldn't rewire a 2x10 or a 2x12 like this, provided the drivers were 4ohms each

Hi Chris

I have a cab I used with my lg1000 a couple of times it's an awesome cab but I'm getting rid of the LG and I want smaller cabs

In a nutshell, it’s a light (50 lb) stereo 4x10. It was built by Kurt Meyer at Flite for a US customer who wanted two 2x10s put into a single 4x10 sized cabinet and still have it be superlight.

[url="http://www.flitecabs.com/"]http://www.flitecabs.com/[/url]

The specs are as follows:

- each side is a 3-way 2x10 cab; they are built together to make it a 4x10 (a la old Ampeg SVT cabs).
- Rated at 300 watts RMS @ 4 ohms/side - 600 watts total
- Each side has two 10” woofers, a 5" mid, and a tweeter
- Speakers are Eminence.
- Each side has attenuators for the mids and highs
- Each side has two Speakon connectors and a 1/4" input connector
- The previous owner said the efficiency rating was 99db @ 1watt/meter.
- comes with a custom non-padded cover
- 26” high x 28” wide x 14.75” deep
- Weight 50 lbs

You just take separate speakon cables from the LG into each side of the cab it works perfectly.

Cheers

Stevie

Edited by steviedee