Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Judgmental music shops

TDM

[quote name='Doddy' post='795377' date='Apr 3 2010, 10:55 PM']The only time I've ever had a problem in a music shop,is in a certain shop in Birmingham-I won't name them
but it's opposite New Street Station and sounds similar to Fair Deal Music.
I been in to the shop numerous times and never had any problems,but on this occasion the guys in the shop
wouldn't let me go look upstairs where the Basses were because I was wearing an ankle length coat.If they'd have asked
me if I minded removing it or something I would've done,but they didn't....just that I couldn't go upstairs because of my coat.
This will be about 3 or 4 years ago,so it wasn't like I was kid or anything.
So,I just walked down the road and spent my money in Sound Control instead.[/quote]
You won't name and shame them yet you give their exact location?
Just name and shame.

For a totally non-judgmental shop, I popped into Bass Direct yesterday. What a fantastic place!!
Bloody dangerous though, I went in for a strap and strap locks and nearly came way with those and a couple of EBS pedals!
I managed to keep my focus though. Mark left me to have a look around whilst he finished some paperwork. The selection of basses is incredible. I'm very taken with Dingwall basses.

Had a nice chat with Mark as he sorted out my purchases. I'll definitely be purchasing stuff from there in future, just need to save rather a lot first!

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='795523' date='Apr 4 2010, 10:04 AM']A friend of mine popped into Bass Direct yesterday for a look round and came out with a Roscoe CS4.

It is indeed a dangerous place for the GAS-afflicted.[/quote]

Which one did he get?
The black one with a maple fretboard was stunning!

[quote name='budget bassist' post='795471' date='Apr 4 2010, 05:30 AM']You won't name and shame them yet you give their exact location?
Just name and shame.[/quote]

I did name them..........

Apparently the humour got lost somewhere :)