Why become a member? ×

Help por favor!

Sarah5string

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='790010' date='Mar 29 2010, 09:55 PM']Does anyone have, or know where I can find, the tab to Black bubblegum by Dillinger escape plan?
I mainly need it for the timing and can't hear the bass very well at all on the track I have through my laptop! *rolls eyes*

Thanks in advance![/quote]

Hate to say it, but if you need help with the timing, TAB probably isn't going to help.

If you're trying to figure out the intro rhythm, I've just given it a listen and I got this (where you play the bold parts):

[b][u]1 2 3[/u][/b] 1 2 [b][u]1 2 3[/u][/b] 1 2 3 4 [b][u]1 2 3 4[/u][/b]

or

[b][u]1 2 3[/u][/b] 4 1 [b][u]2 3 4[/u][/b] 1 2 3 4 [b][u]1 2 3 4[/u][/b]

depending on how you want to count it. :) I've just worked it without my bass to hand out so I don't know the notes, but there's only a couple.

I assume it's that bit you wanted, the rest of the track seems fairly simple rhythmically.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='790118' date='Mar 29 2010, 11:22 PM']Hate to say it, but if you need help with the timing, TAB probably isn't going to help.

If you're trying to figure out the intro rhythm, I've just given it a listen and I got this (where you play the bold parts):

[b][u]1 2 3[/u][/b] 1 2 [b][u]1 2 3[/u][/b] 1 2 3 4 [b][u]1 2 3 4[/u][/b]

or

[b][u]1 2 3[/u][/b] 4 1 [b][u]2 3 4[/u][/b] 1 2 3 4 [b][u]1 2 3 4[/u][/b]

depending on how you want to count it. :) I've just worked it without my bass to hand out so I don't know the notes, but there's only a couple.

I assume it's that bit you wanted, the rest of the track seems fairly simple rhythmically.[/quote]
Thanks, know what you mean about the tab. The trouble is for the intro bit to me it sounded like 123 123 1234 but granted my understanding of timings written down etc isn't great :rolleyes: however the bassist plays that through once and then starts playing something constantly, like 16ths or something, presumably along the same timing lines but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.
I am listening through headphones but my laptop is rubbish for bass!! Far too trebley. Going to burn a CD for the car I think with it on.

Edited by Sarah5string

I was going to suggest that you use the graphic equaliser in Media Player to cut your treble & boost low-mids, but on this laptop I'm Windows 7 & Media Player 12 & I can't find the equaliser - it doesn't seem to be in 12, but I certainly use it in Win XP. I boost the low mids & flatten the top end somewhat & it makes the bass come through better. I only have an old pair of small Labtec speakers but they're ok.

G.

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='790237' date='Mar 30 2010, 08:34 AM']Thanks, know what you mean about the tab. The trouble is for the intro bit to me it sounded like 123 123 1234 but granted my understanding of timings written down etc isn't great :) however the bassist plays that through once and then starts playing something constantly, like 16ths or something, presumably along the same timing lines but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.
I am listening through headphones but my laptop is rubbish for bass!! Far too trebley. Going to burn a CD for the car I think with it on.[/quote]

Ah ok, it's essentially the same rhythm but instead of playing the gaps, you're playing the low note. Then instead of the last high note, you're playing the low note.

So if it's E and B, it'd be E E B E E E E B E E E E E E E E

Then the E changes to G with the same high note.

(notes might be wrong, I can't really hear my leccy guitar properly unplugged, but it's something like that)

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='790244' date='Mar 30 2010, 08:48 AM']Might be worth investing in a Tascam BT CD trainer, which enables you to slow the tracks down without changing pitch. There's also a very useful looping feature, so you can listen to tricky bits over and over again without rewinding.[/quote]
I was using transcribe up until my free trial ran out :)

[quote name='yorick' post='790247' date='Mar 30 2010, 08:53 AM']This is a link for the guitar tab, but i think the bass follows it pretty much....

[url="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/d/dillinger_escape_plan/black_bubblegum_tab.htm"]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/d/dill...bblegum_tab.htm[/url][/quote]
Thanks that'll come in handy :)

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='790511' date='Mar 30 2010, 12:50 PM']Ah ok, it's essentially the same rhythm but instead of playing the gaps, you're playing the low note. Then instead of the last high note, you're playing the low note.

So if it's E and B, it'd be E E B E E E E B E E E E E E E E

Then the E changes to G with the same high note.

(notes might be wrong, I can't really hear my leccy guitar properly unplugged, but it's something like that)[/quote]
you're all stars, thank you :)

Nice choice of song! I love Dillinger. The new album is sweet if you haven't checked it out already.

Do you have guitar pro? I've found a tab, it isn't amazing but it should give you a pretty good starting point.

[url="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/d/dillinger_escape_plan/black_bubblegum_guitar_pro.htm"]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/d/dill..._guitar_pro.htm[/url]

If you don't have guitapro, you can get the trial here; [url="http://www.guitar-pro.com/"]http://www.guitar-pro.com/[/url]