Why become a member? ×

GK Gallien-Krueger 300w BASS AMP HEAD! - TRADE PENDING

Moos3h

Hi all,

Now surplus to requirements, my good condition GK Gallien-Krueger 300w Backline 600 is now for sale.

Only minor marks from load-ins at gigs, but full working order with no damage to speak of.

*** Trade Pending ***

Cheers,
James

Edited by Moos3h

Not really...I've managed to take a big bite out of my debt pile, so I can afford to be swayed by something shiny! I don't need an outright sale. Thinking guitar/bass/amp rather than effects or anything similar.

I was actually going to mention this head in your thread but decided it might be too blatant. Suffice to say this would fit the bill very well!

Cheers,
James

Feels good, dunnit! Still a fair chunk to go, but I'm happy enough to allow myself a treat for now!

I'll have a think about the acoustic, I do need one but would really prefer a 4 in an ideal world. Do you have any pics of it? Does it have a case?

Cheers,
James

[quote name='Moos3h' post='789966' date='Mar 29 2010, 09:23 PM']Feels good, dunnit! Still a fair chunk to go, but I'm happy enough to allow myself a treat for now!

I'll have a think about the acoustic, I do need one but would really prefer a 4 in an ideal world. Do you have any pics of it? Does it have a case?

Cheers,
James[/quote]
I do.. 2 secs.
here's a link while I upload the pics.
[url="http://www.dv247.com/guitars/ibanez-ewb205wne-5-string-electro-acoustic-bass-guitar-natural--39066"]http://www.dv247.com/guitars/ibanez-ewb205...-natural--39066[/url]

Mine is slightly different in that it had a crack in the headstock which I had repaired by a pro luthier friend of mine, so the headstock is now black without the ibby logo sadly, and the neck is natural colour instead of the dark like the body, if you want pics of that just say. It's in really good condition bar that and a small chip by the input plate. bought it about a year ago off dolphin for £350 and it's not had much use sadly as I bought it with the intention of doing open mics but then joined a band...

It's gorgeous to play though and has a lovely tone to it. Just a shame it's sat gathering dust. Edited by Sarah5string

It's quite a looker...! Does it have a case?

I'll have a ponder as i'm allergic to 5's but this could make me change my mind a bit.

I guess meetup would be the only option if the trade went ahead...unless you have a case and are happy to post....?

[quote name='Moos3h' post='789982' date='Mar 29 2010, 09:33 PM']It's quite a looker...! Does it have a case?

I'll have a ponder as i'm allergic to 5's but this could make me change my mind a bit.

I guess meetup would be the only option if the trade went ahead...unless you have a case and are happy to post....?[/quote]
I don't have a case no sadly. Depending where in hertfordshire you are we could meet in the middle somewhere if you wanted to trade.

Or, to spice it up a bit - If you want a 4 sting, how about Moos3h takes my MINT Crafter - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=71101&hl=crafter"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=crafter[/url], Sarah takes the Head, and I take Sarah's Ibanez?
I have the 4 string of the Ibanez and I'd love to have the 5 too! I wouldn't mind a bit of a drive to make a deal possible either. PM me if youre interested.
Cheers

[quote name='karlthebassist' post='790055' date='Mar 29 2010, 10:32 PM']Haha. Cool beans. And our locations form a sort of triangle, so a meeting place shouldn't be too hard to arrange.[/quote]
so long as it's not some kind of bass bermuda triangle and we all disappeared...

[quote name='karlthebassist' post='790063' date='Mar 29 2010, 10:34 PM']I didn't think of that... mmm...

I think I'm prepared to take the risk for the sake of bassy-goodness.[/quote]
I would say I'm prepared to take the risk for head but that just sounds sooooo wrong.. and kind of confusing seeing as I'm a woman.

aaaaaaaaaanyway :)

Its always hard to avoid making a "head" related gag in these threads! I saw you post on another thread about looking for a new amp. I'd say you could do a LOT worse than going for this head and pairing it up with a cab such as a decent 2x12. I say 2x12 as I personally think 12's are the way to go for a trade off between bottom end from 15's and definition from 10's - and with a band like Oni I guess you'll be wanting some biiiiig bass.

Karl (and Sarah!),

I'm 99% sold on this idea, but does yours come with a case (I'm a lummox, so guitars HAVE to be cased around me) - if so then it's a done deal, if not then can I get a case for this shape do you think?

Cheers,
James

Mine does not come with a case, but I know 100% that you can get them, as I have seen someone gigging in my local area with the same bass and in a hardcase. I have been keeping it in an acoustic guitar soft bag that I have, and it almost fits in there. The body fits perfectly, but the headstock pokes out the top a little (only the top tuners though!) so I reckon a bigger acoustic case could do the job! I'd offer you that case, but it was quite expensive, and I use it to take my 6-string to practices.

Glad to hear you are liking the idea though! :) Do it! You know you want to.

[quote name='Moos3h' post='790097' date='Mar 29 2010, 10:58 PM']Karl (and Sarah!),

I'm 99% sold on this idea, but does yours come with a case (I'm a lummox, so guitars HAVE to be cased around me) - if so then it's a done deal, if not then can I get a case for this shape do you think?

Cheers,
James[/quote]
dare you venture into the bassmuda triangle... :)