Why become a member? ×

Wiring Help?!?! Diagram Anyone?

Hey Guys

I got a parts bass i am trying to wire together a Seymour Duncan SJB-3b and SPB-3 (Standard PJ Pickups) I would like to wire these two two volumes, no tone control straight to the socket.

I have wired them up as i think, but i just get the pickups both on at the same time, and the volumes dont work. Can anyone help?

Doh how stupid of me. Thats so obvious! Thanks Doc!

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='788219' date='Mar 27 2010, 09:21 PM']Sorry, can't do linky things, but if you go on the Seymour Duncan website and select the standard Jazz wiring diagram, just imagine missing out the tone pot i.e. take the 'hot' lead from the 2nd volume pot (left leg looking at the diag) straight to the + on the jack.[/quote]

wire the hot to pins 2 and pin 1 to pin 1 on the other pot
then from pin 1 on the other pot
to the jack

this is looking on the bottom of the pots and pin 1 is first in a anti clocwise direction
it will still work if you get it wrong but the vols will work backward

earth pin 3 on both to the pot body and then a earth to the jack

you may have wired the pots with hot to pin one and then pin 2 to pin 2 on the other pot
this doesnt work as one pot cuts out the other

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='788210' date='Mar 27 2010, 10:10 PM']Hey Guys

I got a parts bass i am trying to wire together a Seymour Duncan SJB-3b and SPB-3 (Standard PJ Pickups) I would like to wire these two two volumes, no tone control straight to the socket.

I have wired them up as i think, but i just get the pickups both on at the same time, and the volumes dont work. Can anyone help?[/quote]

Hey Chris - sorry I didn't see this sooner, I've just re-wired my Frank Bello with the same pups & new pots.
If you're still having trouble please give me a shout.
Cheers,
John