Why become a member? ×

sold Aria SB Black & Gold 1 "83"

Fitzy73

Selling my Aria SB Black & Gold ,made in 1983 by matsumoku . Anyone who knows anything about these basses knows how well these are made , play ,sound . its in good nick for its age. its the the same bass that use to be on greames sb pages...will post to uk . looking for 450 euro

Edited by Fitzy73

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='793856' date='Apr 1 2010, 10:09 PM']That would have made it an SB-R60 which they didn't do in this finish, an SB1000 would have the rotary tone setting.

Basically this is an Elite-I done in Black and Gold - hence the name

Still very nice.

BB[/quote]

Afraid I'll have to burst your bubble on that one. Correctly, the B&G I and II were limited versions of the SB-R60 and 80, as these B&G versions first appeared in an APII catalogue printed in Japan in early '83 alongside the R60 and 80 models, although the B&G I and II were conceived and first put into production in '82. The R60 and 80 weren't renamed Elite I and II until late '83.

There again got to cure another misapprehension you're labouring under, that the R60 and 80 and Elite I and II are different models. This is not the case. These are the same models - the R60 and 80, first introduced in '81, were renamed when APII repositioned many of its models by converting from letter and number designations to descriptor designations in '83.

And when suggested that the B&G I was a version of the SB700, that was completely correct - the SB-R models, formulated for the US market, featured 18mm spacing at the bridge and a 40mm nut width as opposed to 16mm spacing at the bridge and a 45mm nut width found on the original SB models, but otherwise were technically the equivalent of the then current SB models.

The bass for sale is a nice example of the B&G I from the first full year of production.

[quote name='noelk27' post='793936' date='Apr 2 2010, 12:40 AM']Afraid I'll have to burst your bubble on that one. Correctly, the B&G I and II were limited versions of the SB-R60 and 80, as these B&G versions first appeared in an APII catalogue printed in Japan in early '83 alongside the R60 and 80 models, although the B&G I and II were conceived and first put into production in '82. The R60 and 80 weren't renamed Elite I and II until late '83.

There again got to cure another misapprehension you're labouring under, that the R60 and 80 and Elite I and II are different models. This is not the case. These are the same models - the R60 and 80, first introduced in '81, were renamed when APII repositioned many of its models by converting from letter and number designations to descriptor designations in '83.

And when suggested that the B&G I was a version of the SB700, that was completely correct - the SB-R models, formulated for the US market, featured 18mm spacing at the bridge and a 40mm nut width as opposed to 16mm spacing at the bridge and a 45mm nut width found on the original SB models, but otherwise were technically the equivalent of the then current SB models.

The bass for sale is a nice example of the B&G I from the first full year of production.[/quote]

Yeah, wot 'e said! :)

BB