Why become a member? ×

Hi

No1skewenjack

I've just started to play again for the first time properly in about 10 years. Its amazing how rusty I've gone its like starting all over agin. Im learning the correct technique etc which I dont remember learning properly last time, this time I think I've got a better teacher but realise thats its not all about how good the teacher is.

Only tip I have is try to play in a band setting ASAP, All of the other stuff will follow. I am also returning after almost 25 years and I am taking guitar lessons not bass lessons. I dont' need bass lessons but I need contact with other musicians and these lessons are getting me closer. By jammimg in my lessons on guitr and bass, drums I am closer to my next band.

[quote name='No1skewenjack' post='786127' date='Mar 25 2010, 06:06 PM']I've just started to play again for the first time properly in about 10 years. Its amazing how rusty I've gone its like starting all over agin. Im learning the correct technique etc which I dont remember learning properly last time, this time I think I've got a better teacher but realise thats its not all about how good the teacher is.[/quote]

Welcome. I know what you mean. I took a bit longer out than 10 years, but tended to dabble to keep my hand in. Recently a friend suggested playing a bit again and that's when I realised how rusty I was.

Anyway enjoy.