Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

signal path

Stinkfoot

[quote name='cheddatom' post='785889' date='Mar 25 2010, 02:56 PM']They can be useful after distortion too. I used EQ pedals in several different places.

I don't think your amp's effects loop would be appropriate, as this is for effects which operate at line level.[/quote]

but is'nt effects loop used for effects/processor & an EQ is a processor (am i right)..?

[quote name='Stinkfoot' post='785898' date='Mar 25 2010, 03:02 PM']but is'nt effects loop used for effects/processor & an EQ is a processor (am i right)..?[/quote]

I don't think the word "processor" is really relevant. The effects loop on an amp is intended to work with line level (and impedence?) effects (or processors :)) but it could sound great with your EQ pedal in there. you never know until you try. If you keep it at low volumes you can't break anything. If you were to max out the EQ pedal, it could overdrive the power amp, which could be good or bad.

depends what you're using it for, if you want to add low end to a distortion, out it after the distortion, if you want to affect the overall sound going to your amp, put it at the end, if you want to isolate one frequency (useful for electronic sort of basslines) put it at the start, or just find where sounds best.