Why become a member? ×

WANTED: FENDER G****R CASE

No, I know, its not bass stuff...my son is 10 and has got very into playing six stringed electric things. He's been at it for a year, has a Strat copy he loves but he has a gig bag & I want to keep him encouraged. Any music skills are better than no music skills.... we can turn him into a bassist later.

I'd love to get him an old second hand rectangular Fender case for a Strat, with Fender logo. I had one in the 70's and that would be the kind of thing. Locks & hinges must work.

Anyone got anything that needs a good home? Any ideas?

Best

Chop :)

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='85980' date='Nov 9 2007, 03:21 PM']good luck Chop - if you get an original one, they are getting to silly prices these days, presumably being bought by the collectors.
I've got a moulded one that I bought for my strat a couple of years ago - I think that was cheap(ish) and i paid 50 quid for it.

i'll keep an eye out though[/quote]

Blimey, really ??

Thanks for looking anyhow. I was expecting to have to pay £30 or £40...

yeah - the moulded ones seem to hit anything up 80 quid. the really nice G and G ones they put all the custom shop and anniversary stuff in look like £100+
I saw an early 70s one on ebay go for over 300 quid in the last couple of months.
I had a generic rectangluar plywood/tolex job i just sold for 29 quid - that's about the going rate for something no name.

Gents, thanks for all the input !
- Its frustrating though, I just wanted a case to make my kid happy. I thought it would be a simple job and they can't have much value, at the end of the day its a box with a Fender logo on. Or rather, I didn't think at all about value for old guitar cases.

When I last bought a second hand version of The Six Stringed Work of Beelzebub (mid 80's) it was literally "oh, you'll want a case, hang on...we have half a dozen of these old Fender cases which one do you want, we'll throw it in. Thats nice, this one has the original neck tag from a '72 Thinline..."

If I knew then what I know now !