Why become a member? ×

'classic series' 50's precision bass

cameltoe

Always been really impressed by the Mexi P Basses, both Standard and the Classics. On balance, I do prefer the Classic 50s model. Alas , Fender in their wisdom don't see fit to offer a single P Bass in their Mexi range in left handed configuration, and I don't want a Jazz, so they've lost at least two sales to a competitor.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='782237' date='Mar 21 2010, 11:07 PM']Happy to help. Both are awesome finishes - I wish I had that choice back in 1990. :) On the 50s they are a flatter neck profile to the standards. I like it but it may take a few minutes to adjust if you are used to a modern profile[/quote]

Is it the same neck profile as the Road Worn series? I played a fiesta red Road Worn just the other day and it felt very comfortable.

My local music shops are Fender dealers, but they don't often stock alot of gear, therefore I'd probably have to get them to order one in. Going to London in May though, so hopefully I'll get to try one out in Denmark st.

[quote name='AndyTravis']Blonde is a winner with the covers.
My wonderful lady bought me mine for my 24th...

The one at the top, next to a Jap Squier and a Jap 62 reissue.

Never let me down, and plays like a dream.

Trav[/quote]

That looks lovely. A bit whiter than it looks on the fender site but this makes the gold pickguard look awesome. The covers set it off beautiful.
Hmmmm! Hopefully I can see both in the flesh!

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='782302' date='Mar 22 2010, 12:46 AM']Blonde is a winner with the covers.
My wonderful lady bought me mine for my 24th...

The one at the top, next to a Jap Squier and a Jap 62 reissue.

Never let me down, and plays like a dream.

Trav[/quote]

Nice peas there andy!

Can anyone let me know if the neck profile is the same as on the 'Road Worn' series? and if there are any other differences (aside from appearance). My local music shop has a Fiesta Red road worn in stock, and if they're basically the same it means I can at least get a feel for the instrument and see if I like it.