Why become a member? ×

Crazy Train - Live Instrumental

Bankai

I'd wanted to stick this up for a while but always forgot. Anyway, this is our performance of Crazy Train.
We're not actually a band, just a group of friends who play together every few months

However, in this video, I'm on drums instead of bass :)

Recorded using a HD Camcorder for video and 2x Condenser Mics for audio.

Edited by Bankai

Yeah, I've got some thoughts.

Having heard this song a hundred times since it came out, and having learned it on guitar when I was about 18, I think I'd have been very happy with this. It's obviously a bit loose here and there with a few batty riders happening, but it's damn good.

S.A.T.O. was my favourite to play though.

Nice drumming dude, very nice.

You a drummer or bass or both? I bet you play some guitar too, right?

Aye, there were a few mistakes. The most noticable of which was blamed on me for doing 'what sounded like a fill' :)

I got my first drum kit at 8 so have been playing a few years. As for bass, I've been playing a little over a year so I'm only just starting out.

We're playing again on wednesday night hopefully (first time since november). I'll get the video up afterwards. I'm playing bass for one song and drums for another :rolleyes:

P.S. No guitar sadly, well not yet anyway...

Edited by Bankai

[quote name='Bankai' post='782000' date='Mar 21 2010, 07:44 PM']P.S. No guitar sadly, well not yet anyway...[/quote]

Do not be tempted by those dark ways. You must resist :)

I'll have to admit to leading a sheltered life and actually had to google 'Crazy Train' to find out who performed it :blush: .
So despite my ignorance, very good had the right feel to it.

:) I too hadn't heard of it until I was told we were playing it. Sadly the gig has been cancelled this week as the others can't make it. I might end up standing in for somebody else but at the moment it looks like I won't be playing.

If anybody was wondering what the gear was being used for this it was:

Squier P-Bass Special
Shure T11 Wireless System
Harley Benton CB-110X