Why become a member? ×

Offloading.....

thepurpleblob

I don't want to overstate the age thing. It was mentioned to me as one issue. Last man in, first man out if it's not working I guess. I was a bit peeved yesterday but I just think it's funny today.

You know what got me. After dragging to loads of rehearsals, spending hours learning songs, paying my share of the rehearsal money, making an effort etc etc, not one word of thanks. I don't expect much but it wouldn't hurt, would it? Young whippersnappers. Bring back National Service :)

QUOTE "Young whippersnappers. Bring back National Service"

Fakkin A!!!!! :)

Wittereh (45+1/6th)

PS:I'm the oldest in the band I'm in at the moment, but in an almost "oriental" style/ type of way getting some respect for that! kwim?

Now as I haven't played for a long while, I used to being the young guy... but as many have said before me bugg3r it & do what you do best!

atb
W

[quote name='silddx' post='777545' date='Mar 17 2010, 03:34 PM']I'm 46 aswell mate[/quote]

Pull the other one, its stoned!

Well you've disgraced yourself very maturely then mate, nice one :), you must be a tleast ten yers older than I thought!

I've just turned 48 (going on 21) and gigged only last night with my modern rock covers band. Got to say our music style isn't really my thing, but at least I'm playing and having major fun doing it. :)

There are 5 of us in the band, 3 of whom are over 40 (me and the 2 git-tarrists). The (girl) drummer and vocalist are both in their 20's and it seems to work just fine - we have plenty of gigs booked.

I've just added this to illustrate that age issues are only a problem to those with no vision - the music is what's important.