Why become a member? ×

F/S Status Groove Bass 5 string black

oldslapper

I am selling my 5 string Status Groove bass. I sold this not so long ago, regretted it, and bought it back. :)

However, there are some cabs I have wanted for ages and they've come up for sale here, so this is up for grabs as I don't seem to be able to sell my Genz cab.

It is in excellent nick, plays great and has bags of volume and tone similar to MM.
Lovely flat neck profile and so easy to play.
It has volume, treble/bass pots and an active/passive switch. I have nearly always used it as passive as the tone "straight" is very warm, but "grunty". It slaps like a newborn's bum, and I will undoubtedly stalk whoever buys this and when I have money, beg to buy it back...so fair warning. :rolleyes:

As said in the description, I will deliver/meet around the counties above, but no further at the present.
I will post, at cost, but I will have to source a box to ship it in. It will come with a warwick padded rockbag.

Here's a link to the Status resources for some details.

47mm nut width.

[url="http://statii.com/status_cats/catalogues/3/cat_1998status_page09.jpg"]http://statii.com/status_cats/catalogues/3...atus_page09.jpg[/url]

Edited by oldslapper

[quote name='lscolman' post='771272' date='Mar 11 2010, 09:26 AM']Hi,

What's the string spacing like at the bridge?

Cheers, Lee[/quote]

Hi Lee,

Sorry for general ignorance, is that literally the measurement between the strings on the saddles? Happy to measure now.

Cheers,
John

[quote name='oldslapper' post='771279' date='Mar 11 2010, 09:35 AM']Hi Lee,

Sorry for general ignorance, is that literally the measurement between the strings on the saddles? Happy to measure now.

Cheers,
John[/quote]

Hi John,

The distance between the centre of the string to the next string at the bridge.

Cheers, Lee

[quote name='lscolman' post='771460' date='Mar 11 2010, 12:02 PM']Hi John,

The distance between the centre of the string to the next string at the bridge.

Cheers, Lee[/quote]

Ok, does 19mm sound right? Did it with a tape measure, hard to find centre of 2 strings exactly.

Cheers

John

[quote name='oldslapper' post='771598' date='Mar 11 2010, 01:48 PM']Ok, does 19mm sound right? Did it with a tape measure, hard to find centre of 2 strings exactly.

Cheers

John[/quote]
I think there's a page on the status website that defines the standard spacing for 5-strings as 18mm.

So, it's possible you have a non-standard one (perhaps all groove 5's were 19mm ?) but I think it's marginally more likely you mis-measured a bit and it's actually 18mm.

( Found the page [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20050226164511/status-graphite.com/oldsite/basstech.htm"]http://web.archive.org/web/20050226164511/...te/basstech.htm[/url] -- obviously (from the archive.org url) since deleted from the status site itself ... the page may be contemporary with your groove or not, I don't know)

Andy

[quote name='WalMan' post='778148' date='Mar 17 2010, 11:55 PM']Make up your mind :rolleyes: Poor things probably plucking plectrums off a stand holder going "He loves me. He loves me not"[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know I know......I've got one Jazz bass that I've had for years, I reckon it it says to the latest piece of wood hanging next to it....."you won't be here long, I'm the only one he loves".... :)

[quote name='WalMan' post='778148' date='Mar 17 2010, 11:55 PM']Make up your mind :) Poor things probably plucking plectrums off a stand holder going "He loves me. He loves me not"[/quote]
:rolleyes:

It's not easy though is it?? We're an emotional lot, us bass players!

• 7 months later...