Why become a member? ×

FS/FT My Upgraded MIM Fender Standard Jazz £300

paganskins

I'm not really playing bass anymore and just need a cheapy for the occasional idea I want to demo so is anyone interested in upgrading from a squire or similar plus some cash to my Standard Mexican Jazz.

[url="http://s570.photobucket.com/albums/ss141/paganskins/jazz%20bass/"]More pics[/url]

I was thinking £150 plus a decent squire (VM, CV etc not affinity) or more cash for less reputable cheap bass, we both cover our own P&P costs.

Alternatively I'd sell the jazz for £300 plus P&P.

It's metallic red, VGC with a rosewood board. The original white scratch plate has been drilled for a thumbrest and pickup cover so it now has a tort guard on it. It does still have an unbranded bridge cover in chrome which I left on as it wasn't in my way and also covered the screw holes which had been drilled for it.

I do have and will include the unused middle pickup cover and the original white scratchplate.

It comes with a stagg abs case.

In the pics it has one of those nifty passive varitone control units as sold on ebay from the states, this isn't included but is for sale [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=79726"]seperately[/url]. I can throw this is for an additional £50 which would be a saving of £20.

Payment by bank transfer, cheque or paypal gift.

Edited by paganskins

hello
here are the pictures of the bass
it not like the cheap Ibanez you get nowadays

you can't buy this one any more it was made in Japan around about 1989 with black hardware in really good condition for it age

[attachment=44481:tr_2.jpg]

[attachment=44480:tr.jpg]
[attachment=44482:post_490...26_thumb.jpg]
[attachment=44483:post_490...57_thumb.jpg]

[quote name='harlowbassplayer' post='769217' date='Mar 9 2010, 01:43 PM']hello
here are the pictures of the bass
it not like the cheap Ibanez you get nowadays

you can't buy this one any more it was made in Japan around about 1989 with black hardware in really good condition for it age

[attachment=44481:tr_2.jpg]

[attachment=44480:tr.jpg]
[attachment=44482:post_490...26_thumb.jpg]
[attachment=44483:post_490...57_thumb.jpg][/quote]

Not my type of thing sorry

[quote name='paganskins' post='769304' date='Mar 9 2010, 03:06 PM']Bass has been taken[/quote]

Sale fell through, apparently there's a fault with the varitone :)

EDIT: Varitone is fine I just can't strip wires properly

Edited by paganskins

[quote name='harlowbassplayer' post='773995' date='Mar 13 2010, 11:38 PM']hey what a varitone?
is the bass still for trade[/quote]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/62-FENDER-JAZZ-BASS-STYLE-VARITONE-CONTROL-W-SERIES-SW_W0QQitemZ170434427690QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item27aeaefb2a"]Details on the varitone[/url],

And yes still interested in offers of trades ideally a cheaper bass plus cash

Edited by paganskins