Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BBT Rig Review?

BIG.J

Well i decided to sell all my old faithfull rig which was an old Peavey BW 215 cab & 400w MegaBass Head. I then bought the following Yamaha rig =

YAMAHA BBT500H (Head) & 2 x BBT 210 cabs.

I arrived at rehearsal and stacked the rig upright (Tall) 4 x 10's vertical, I was so worried about getting the bottom end that i did from my 215 cab.

I tweeked the settings in the vintage mode and got a pretty good sound, Although the horns were wound up allmost to the max and with the Treble & Hi Mid pushing 3 o clock i could have still done with some more top end as my bass was rolled to max treble. The amp was quiet in this mode?

The R&B Preamp setting is great too.

One thing i must say, I was blown away with the amount of bottom end and had to roll some bass off, These little cabs don't half shift some air.

So! Once i get time to mess with the settings i am sure this will be a good little rig, The head fits in a little B&Q flightcase or shoulder bag and i fit everything in the boot.

If anyone else can share thier thoughts on settings etc that would be great, I am staying clear of the Digital EQ & Compressor settings, Just using it in Manual mode, I also went through the FX send & return but didn't like the way you have to set the blend / mix everytime. I have always just gone straight into the input jack anyway?

Cheers

Justin. :)

Edited by BIG.J

[quote name='BIG.J' post='762470' date='Mar 3 2010, 01:31 AM']I tweeked the settings in the vintage mode and got a pretty good sound, Although the horns were wound up allmost to the max and with the Treble & Hi Mid pushing 3 o clock i could have still done with some more top end as my bass was rolled to max treble. The amp was quiet in this mode?[/quote]

I use the BBT500 with just the 110 cab - enough for what I need. I've found that the settings, even in manual are really weird. Try getting the sound you like, rolling off the Master, switch off, switch back on again, then bring the master back up. Even in manual, when you select a mode it will go to that mode's default, playing around with it like this does seem to make a difference.

Sorry if this is as clear as mud, its just one of those things you can do when the amp is up and running but trying to describe it doesn't really work!

Mike

[quote name='Mykesbass' post='763382' date='Mar 3 2010, 09:26 PM']I use the BBT500 with just the 110 cab - enough for what I need. I've found that the settings, even in manual are really weird. Try getting the sound you like, rolling off the Master, switch off, switch back on again, then bring the master back up. Even in manual, when you select a mode it will go to that mode's default, playing around with it like this does seem to make a difference.

Sorry if this is as clear as mud, its just one of those things you can do when the amp is up and running but trying to describe it doesn't really work!

Mike[/quote]

I do know where your coming from Mike, I have switched the unit off a few times whilst adjusting settings to find it does infact make a difference when you switch it back on. It is a little hard to describe.

ATB

Justin. (Thanks for the mod Rich :) )

Edited by BIG.J