Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 1976 Yamaha SG2000

Here is an SG2000 I am looking to trade or sell.
It is a 1976 model (first year of production), in scrummy mid-tobacco burst.
It has the fatter neck, the non-coil tapped humbuckers, and is slightly lighter than the early 80s ones, so it has 99% of the trademark sustain, but LESS SHOULDER PAIN after an hour on a strap!
It balances very well, and (not wanting to overuse the expression) is a total Les Paul killer. It is often said to be the best Japanese guitar ever built.
Plus points: Frets good, neck straight, all electrics work well, original Yamaha hard case with slight vinyl lift.
Minus points: There is wear/corrosion on the bridge and tailpiece as usual for these, and a lot of buckling on the back. A few marks on the front.
Apart from the rear buckling, this is in pretty damn good condition for a 34 year old guitar!

Will consider trade or px. If its folding stuff, I'd like 950. Yes, its dear, but there are very few '76 SG2000s out there, and a minter would fetch around 1500.
I am selling because I already have 2 of these and a Les Paul, so keeping another seems unnecessary!

[attachment=43911:PICTA_5151.jpg]
[attachment=43912:PICTA_5169.jpg]

Edited by robocorpse

To my eyes the Yamaha SG is the single most beautiful electric guitar ever made. :wub:

Sadly can't afford it - but having said that, if it had been a transparent dark green one, I might have had to sell a bass or 10!

Jon.

[quote name='robocorpse' post='762338' date='Mar 2 2010, 10:27 PM']If its folding stuff, I'd like 999 or very near offer.[/quote]

I just so happen to have a spare 1000 deck chairs right now?

Great guitars. I'd love one if I had the space and the cash.

• 1 month later...