Why become a member? ×

Wheels for GK Combo

Hi Everyone

I've just bought one of these excellent Gallien Krueger RB700/115 Mark 2 combos over the weekend (second hand).

The wheels seems to be splitting apart when I'm using the handle (I knew about this before I bought it BTW!) so has anyone had this problem and do you have any recommendations of parts etc? Will it be easy for me to repair or will I need help?

Cheers in advance
Nick

[quote name='Big Bass Man' post='760742' date='Mar 1 2010, 02:01 PM']Hi Everyone

I've just bought one of these excellent Gallien Krueger RB700/115 Mark 2 combos over the weekend (second hand).

The wheels seems to be splitting apart when I'm using the handle (I knew about this before I bought it BTW!) so has anyone had this problem and do you have any recommendations of parts etc? Will it be easy for me to repair or will I need help?

Cheers in advance
Nick[/quote]

Hi Nick,

I had the same problem with my RB700/210 but it's an easy fix. You can purchase a new set of wheels from GKs UK distributor Polar Audio:

POLAR AUDIO LTD.
17 ALBERT DR.
BURGESS HILL
WEST SUSSEX RH15 9TN ENGLAND
01444-258258
01444-258444
[email protected]
www.polaraudio.co.uk

Doesn't cost a lot and very easy to fit, you just unscrew the complete wheel cradle and swap in the new one.

Ian

Hi Ian
Thank you so much! I'll get in touch with Polar Audio and it's a relief that I can fix it myself :)

Thanks again, I really appreciate this!

Cheers
Nick

[quote name='ikay' post='761491' date='Mar 2 2010, 08:35 AM']Hi Nick,

I had the same problem with my RB700/210 but it's an easy fix. You can purchase a new set of wheels from GKs UK distributor Polar Audio:

POLAR AUDIO LTD.
17 ALBERT DR.
BURGESS HILL
WEST SUSSEX RH15 9TN ENGLAND
01444-258258
01444-258444
[email protected]
www.polaraudio.co.uk

Doesn't cost a lot and very easy to fit, you just unscrew the complete wheel cradle and swap in the new one.

Ian[/quote]

Its an issue I had with my RB700 combo. GK will replace the wheels but won't guarantee the same thing won't happen again. I think someone made a booboo when it came to the rubber vulcanisation of those wheels.