Why become a member? ×

Please help me spec a rack bag

lone_groover

I’m in the process of putting together a rack and already have the following:-

Hartke HA 2500 Amp 3.5 inches (9 cm) high x 13 inches (33 cm) deep

Korg DTR-1 Tuner 1.75 inches (4.5 cm) high x 4 inches (10 cm) deep

I’ve also read on Basschat about adding a extension plug socket rack at the back such as sold by IntroDelta which appeals to me.

[url="http://www.introdelta.com/product-options.php?id=102&vid=170"]IntroDelta[/url]

My question is – how many U’s high rack bag should I purchase for these items whilst ensuring good ventilation.
I’m assuming it’s going to be either 4U or 6U but if anyone can give me the benefit of their experience I’d be very grateful.

Cheers - Nick

I think the Hartke 2500 is 2U, and the tuner 1U, so you would need a minimum of 3U. Always a good idea to buy one or two spaces more than you need though, so to allow air flow throughout the rack case (prevents the amp potentially overheating). You can then blank out the extra spaces with black rack panels.

Maybe 4U?

I have a GK head and a tuner in a 3u shallow rack bag. Ventilation is an issue the sensible should consider but it hasn't been a problem to me.

I like rack bags because I can lay my bass on the soft top BUT ...like anything with a zip , that's the weak point. Bloody things - they get so stuck that sometimes I can't open them. Fpr that reason I'm going with hard shell next time even though it means unpacking a stand every gig.

I mounted a 4 gang mains socket inside - obviously that's 2 spare plug sockets in my case - I put baby nightlights in them so I can see in from the back (I painted the inside white too) . The nightlights are a couple of quid from Wilkinson. Just a couple of tips I find useful.