Why become a member? ×

Unusual cab info

WWRRSS

[attachment=43796:untitled.PNG]

I saw a cab like this with a recessed grille at the weekend for £125, does anyone have any information on it?

the fella who had it didn't seem to know anything at all about it, including what speakers it holds?

Seem to remember these cabs were made between 1973 and 1975. Model number 2065 I believe, they contained a 15 inch speaker( possibly
from the then current Celestion Powercell range) and were probably rated at around 125 watts/8 ohms. They were available in red as well as usual
Marshall dark grey,and I think were the same external dimensions as a 4x12.
The cabinet design was often referred to as 'picture frame'!!!

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Pete.

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='760906' date='Mar 1 2010, 04:37 PM']I had one a loooong time ago in purple with 15" speaker,i think that 18" speakers were also an option.It was cheap,horrible and almost impossible to get rid of.I converted mine into a 4 x 12 as it is the same size.[/quote]

Sounds exactly what I thought too.
Big heavy inefficient cab,for collectors only methinks.

I do'nt know if it's still there,but there was one in McKays Music in Newcastle about 6 years ago,that had been there since the dawn of time.

1970 (or earlier)- 1974ish,was the coloured cab period.Rare because they are rubbish,most will have ended up being thrown away.

Edited by hillbilly deluxe

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='760932' date='Mar 1 2010, 04:52 PM']I do'nt know if it's still there,but there was one in McKays Music in Newcastle about 6 years ago,that had been there since the dawn of time.[/quote]

Not there now - disappeared along with Neil from the Young Ones.