Why become a member? ×

Cheap as chips.

Rayman

I've had quite a few basses over the years, Overwaters, Musicmans, Fenders, Sadowskys etc, and they were all fantastic everyone of them.

Recently I sold my Sado to fund buying a Gretsch g****r to use in a new project. That left me with an old MIJ Squier Precision and an (allbeit highly modded) Fleabass. The Squier was 200 quid off the bay and the Fleabass was 300 quid (before upgrades).

Last night I gigged with the two cheaper basses, that's first gig I've done in a long time without some kind of "expensive" bass as my number one. It was a great night, the music went down well, the pub was full, and we played and sounded great. Best of all, was quite a few people commented on my great bass tone throughout, alternating the two basses but mainly using the Flea. OK, the Flea has an EMG in it, but the thing plays great, I'm really pleased with it, it's a cracking bass. I'm really happy with my latest setup, and to me it just proves you [i]really don't [/i]need to have expensive kit to get the job done.

Edited by Rayman