Why become a member? ×

Which order should I put my pedals in??

Spider-dan

LOL :rolleyes: :)
No firm rules on these 3, sometimes a signal from a fuzz into a booster can step the gain up into the amp; why do you use a booster? Is it for volume increase during solo passages? If so, it may not work too well before the muff, but it will certainly make sure the muff is fully clipping!
It comes down to personal preference.

Do you have all effects on at the same time or do you turn them on/off for different sections. If you only ever really have one on at a time then it makes little difference, but if you run them all at the same time the order will effect the sound.

I'd always put the Preamp/DI at the end so the effects run into your DI.

Can't imaging using your muff / booster at the same time though, (but then I'm fairy simple when it comes to effects). If I was running a whole song with the muff on, but then wanted to use the booster for a solo, then I'd go Bass --> Muff --> Booster --> Pre/DI. So that you are boosting you muff tone. If you did it the other way around it would boost your signal into the muff and as Al Heeley says, I think it would clip the pedal (and thus change the sound of your bass).

Edited by jim_bass