Why become a member? ×

OLP MM22 - as new *SOLD*

stevie

I bought this OLP MM22 on here because I wanted the Stingray sound. I love the way it sounds but I still prefer the slim neck and light weight of my Yamaha - so I'm not really using it as much as it deserves.

It's 4-string, 2 pickup with three-band active electronics in Graphite Pearl. Apart from some light surface stratches on the scratchplate, this is like a brand new bass. Although OLP suffered from some quality issues during the time they produced under licence for Uncle Ernie, the quality of later models like this MM22 was greatly improved and this one is beautifully finished and set up. Everything works as it should and the tuners stay in tune. The frets are perfect with not a hint that the bass has even been used.

Here are the reviews: [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/OLP/MM22/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...t/OLP/MM22/10/1[/url]

The new Indonesian-built Sterling by Musicman range has replaced the OLPs, but because these are priced at around £500 to £600 pounds, second hand OLPs seem to be rising in price - as a quick look on Ebay will show.

£150 collected. I will, of course, pack it up if you want to send a carrier in, but I'm giving first refusal for the time being to anyone who can collect it from Dorchester or thereabouts.

Photos to follow very shortly.

Edited by stevie

This bass has now been sold twice over. So, please, no more offers from people who need me to ship.

However, as I stated in my original post, I'm offering first refusal to anyone who can collect personally, for obvious reasons. For reasons that are also obvious, I cannot keep people who have already agreed to buy the bass waiting for ever. So, I'm going to let this run for another couple of days. Then it's gone.

This isn't the whore of a OLP bass that myself and Burrito bass have owned? Was such a nice bass, i just couldn't use an active bass in my rig! Good luck whoever has it.

quote name='stevie' date='Feb 22 2010, 09:02 PM' post='754368']
This bass has now been sold twice over. So, please, no more offers from people who need me to ship.

However, as I stated in my original post, I'm offering first refusal to anyone who can collect personally, for obvious reasons. For reasons that are also obvious, I cannot keep people who have already agreed to buy the bass waiting for ever. So, I'm going to let this run for another couple of days. Then it's gone.
[/quote]

Definately perfect for experimenting with the whole active thing. Really not for me. But such a cool bass.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='754420' date='Feb 22 2010, 09:35 PM']Tis a great bass & Stevie was very easy to deal with. Perhaps this could be the most owned bass on the forum? It's one for all the Precision boys to dip a toe into the water with! :)[/quote]

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='754374' date='Feb 22 2010, 09:05 PM']This isn't the whore of a OLP bass that myself and Burrito bass have owned? Was such a nice bass, i just couldn't use an active bass in my rig! Good luck whoever has it.[/quote]
It's had a few owners, yes, but they've all taken extremely good care of it: it's in fantastic nick. I wouldn't be without an active bass and I managed to coax a wide range of sounds out of the OLP - Stingray, of course, but also Jazz and nearly a P-bass - but I have been so spoiled by my skinny Yamaha neck that nothing else feels comfortable. I'm sure it will find Mr Right soon.

When it left me it was immaculate. And i'm with you on the neck front. I can only play with Jazz necks. [quote name='stevie' post='754483' date='Feb 22 2010, 10:35 PM']It's had a few owners, yes, but they've all taken extremely good care of it: it's in fantastic nick. I wouldn't be without an active bass and I managed to coax a wide range of sounds out of the OLP - Stingray, of course, but also Jazz and nearly a P-bass - but I have been so spoiled by my skinny Yamaha neck that nothing else feels comfortable. I'm sure it will find Mr Right soon.[/quote]