Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Les Paul Special for sale or trade

Delberthot

Don't know if you saw my thread elsewhere but much as I love this bass, I cannot get on with the lack of top body contours so I thought I'd trade for something else.

Its finished in the same matt black that the Gothic Thunderbirds were. It is quite easy to mark this surface and my bass does have some marks but due to the blackness of it all, these are not that easily spotted.

I bought this recently from another forum member who has owned it from new. When he first got it, the bridge was out of alignment so he removed it and put it where it should be . Obviously this leaves a mark where the previous one was down one side but, again, the colour helps disguise this to any adoring fans at gigs.

Its 6 months old, 2 careful owners and sounds fantastic.

I'm not offering this initially for sale, so no price but I would like to trade it for something else with a cash adjustment my way if your bass is worth less than mine.

I like Epiphones, so something like an EB-3 or EB-0, perhaps something shortscale like a Squier Musicmaster or whatever you may have that you'd like to trade with. I would like one of those bright green Dean Custom Zone basses as well.

There's no bag or case with this so I'd prefer to meet to do the trade.

These are the only 2 pictures I managed to take before my camera battery went flat but I'll fire some more up after. They were pretty dark so I had to lighten them with photoshop which makes the bass look paler than it actually is.

Edited by Delberthot

Thanks for the offer but I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Thunderbirds. I love the slim neck and the growly sound I can get from them but I hate the neck dive despite moving the strap buttons and could never get on with the body shape either. Fantastic rock basses though.

More pics as promised

The 2 pickups are controlled by vol/vol/tone, same as a jazz bass. It also features a jazz bass friendly nut width of 37mm and tapers very little towards the last fret which has a neck width of 57mm.

It still has the protective plastic on the back of the tuners and control plate.

If you don't have anything to trade then I'll sell this for £120 collected. I'd rather not post as it doesn't have a bag or case and if I were to add one then it would start to push the price up to make it not worth your while.

I don't mind meeting in a dark car park somewhere to do the sale/trade as long as you're not too far away.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='752564' date='Feb 21 2010, 10:16 AM']Thanks for the offer but I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Thunderbirds. I love the slim neck and the growly sound I can get from them but I hate the neck dive despite moving the strap buttons and could never get on with the body shape either. Fantastic rock basses though.[/quote]

If you hate neck dive you'd do well to stay away from an EB-0. Or any SG shaped body for that matter.

Weekend bump

I can do you this bass complete with a practically perfect Warwick Rockbag crosswalker gig bag - this has the detatchable rucksack for your cables etc and cost abour £40 odds. Well made and padded, the one I use has been used for 100s of gigs and is still in top condition

its one of these:

[url="http://www.warwick-distribution.de/?katID=21853&cl=EN&did=1"]http://www.warwick-distribution.de/?katID=...cl=EN&did=1[/url]

This is so I can now offer this [u]delivered[/u] to mainland UK for £125

• 1 year later...