Why become a member? ×

Funk Logic DD-301 Digilog Dynamicator

Rich

First Impressions: Minimal packaging, but that's not really important. The appearance of the unit is very good, nice brushed aluminium with a flawless red anodised finish, and excellent screen-printed labelling. A very professional looking piece of kit. Construction appears to be very solid; no loose wires, cheap plastic jacks or nasty budget electrical components were found. Rating: 8

Ease of Use: There are only three controls on this unit, but they do all that is required. No pointless bells and whistles here. The smoothly operating knobs and handy VU meter are convenient for visual confirmation of proper operation. In addition, the unit's power requirements are so low no additional outlets would be required - in fact I am confident the DD-301 will be totally unaffected when power is supplied by portable generator or where voltage fluctuation is usually a problem. Rating: 9

Sound: After installation, I fired the Shuttle up and found the DD-301's sound to be totally transparent; it completely retained my original tone without constricting the signal path in any way. I found that cable length, footswitch type and available MIDI channels were not a factor in tone shaping or physical placement of the unit. Rating: 9

Reliability & Durability: I expect it to be utterly durable and 100% reliable. Indeed, as far as I am aware not a single one of these units has ever let its user down. Additionally, the DD-301's reduced carrying load is a major advantage over the signal processor I formerly had in this rack space. Rating: 10

Final Impressions: I expect to use the DD-301 for quite some time -- its sound will never go out of style. If ever there was a rack-mount device that would allow an audio engineer to do things he never even dreamed of, this is it. The transparent power of the DD-301 signals one of the the greatest advances in DFA psychoacoustics since, well, ever. It looks good, and doesn't clutter your bass sound. Brilliant.

Overall Rating: 9.5

image.thumb.png.5ccc1063df23fa6e9182b9eee45e58c4.png

Edited by Rich