Why become a member? ×

***SOLDYamaha TRB1005 5 string fretless***SOLD

kets

Evening all,

Up for sale here is my Yamaha TRB1005 fretless, which I bought it off here last year from PG tips. I've decided that fretless probably isn't my strongest suit, so it's up for sale to fund the purchase of a fretted 5 string.

I'm not sure exactly how old it is, but it certainly hasn't seen a massive amount of use and is in excellent condition. There are a couple of tiny scratches behind the bridge and a small mark at the bottom of the body, but you'd really have to look for them. It's been fitted with flatwounds so the fretboard is also in excellent condition. It has volume, pickup blend and bass/mid/treble cut and boost and has a superb sound, aided by a 35" scale so the low B is tight and controlled. It's a lovely bass, and if it was fretted it would be staying.

Pricewise I'm looking for about £330 including UK P & P. I'm also open to trades (Plus up to about £230 cash my way) on a suitable 5 string fretted bass such as
Yamaha TRB5, TRB1005, G & L Tribute 2500 or similar quality. Surprise me...

Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions.

Kets

[attachment=42904:061.JPG][attachment=42903:062.JPG][attachment=42902:060.JPG][attachment=42901:059.
JPG]

Edited by kets

I see that a fretted TRB is on your wishlist, so have you thought about getting this lovely bass fretted? A good luthier should be able to do it quite easily, especially as it's a lined board. I bet it wouldn't cost too much either. Just an idea. Oh, and a bump :)

To be honest, it did cross my mind. I had another fretless which I looked into getting fretted and the repair guy didn't seem interested. Maybe someone will recommend a good luthier in the Edinburgh/Glasgow area?

Like I said, if it was fretted I would keep it, 'cos I love it!