Why become a member? ×

1965 Gibson SG Standard FS/FT - Maybe!

Need to think about this a wee bit more, perhaps...but I quite fancy an old Special or even a Junior, or just something else. Dunno why but it just doesn't seem to 'suit' me really. Obviously it's a fecking awesome guitar though, AND investment as well. Just seems strange that I'm a Strat player really, and the 'holy grail' of my collection is an SG!

Oh and it's been used on stage with Tony McPhee and the Groundhogs too...

Open to sensible offers/trades/deals, anything really.

Bit more info about it anyway, it's a player's guitar hence I won't get £8,000 for it...

Tuners were replaced 'back in the day' with Grover Rotos - the 'original' Rotos were sold, so I fitted a brand new set.

P/ups are now Bareknuckle PG Blues.

The Maestro trem arm was missing so fitted a new one, which is now suitably worn along with the rest of the unit, looks great - the trem itself is original.

It was refinished 'back in the day' in Cherry Red, a great job and it's aged nicely, surprise surprise!

There was a crack (not a break) at the bottom of the neck in the mid-90's, which was repaired by Nigel Stockbridge, as per usual an excellent job, you can't even see the crack anymore, and it's stronger than ever.

Bits 'n' bobs - the wiring and knobs are new, the p/up rings are the original ones. Truss rod cover the original one. Original frets with loads of life left.

Send me an e-mail to [[email protected]][email protected][/email] if you're interested - not a PM on here, as I don't get notified of them for some reason, so might miss the message.

Cheers, Tom