Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stuart Spector Design NS4

noelk27

After a lot of thought I'm going to advertise a Stuart Spector Design NS4, high-gloss clear finish, for sale. Soft maple body, Hard maple neck, Pau Ferro touchboard, Abalone inlays, EMG P/J pickups, Gold-plated SSD/Gotoh hardware. Manufactured in Woodstock, USA, with a build date that places it in 1993, the bass would be supplied with the original SSD hardcase, manufacturer’s literature, etc. Excellent condition as this has been kept for studio use only.

My question: what should I be asking price-wise? My initial thought was offers over £3,500, but I've no idea as to current market value. Any thoughts?

Hi Noel,

Beautiful bass you have there! Unfortunately, due to the quality/availability/price-point of the 'Euro' series the US series seems to have taken a hammering s/h value-wise in recent years.....

Is your bass [i]worth[/i] £3500..... definitely.

Would you get more than £2000 - £2500 for it? Sadly it's unlikely in the current market....

Sorry....! :)

Yep, it's a hard market at the moment for sellers. I put my NS 4 up on this site last month as I wanted to get Stacker's 4001CS. It is immaculate and with an amazing buckeye burl top. Had it up for 2250 and not even an enquiry. Fortunately I got the 4001CS without having to sell my NS4 and I feel a lot better now I can keep it.

And people aren't distinguishing between an original SSD NS4 and - I hate to use the term, but can't think of another - mass-produced Euro models? An SSD NS4 is, at the very minimum, on a par with the current US output, and given the relative scarcity of the SSD version I'd have thought attracted a premium. At this rate I might have to consider parting with my NS2.