Why become a member? ×

SWR Triad For Sale, £200 ovno

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks

Since I got my Eden Metro (210 combo + 210 cab) rig last year, this beautiful sounding [b]SWR Triad[/b] cab is just not getting used.

I bought it 2 years ago from Lee-Man and have used it with a varity of different amps; Peavey T-Max, Eden Nemesis, Gallien Krueger, Ashdown and the Eden Metro and in each case, it brings the very best out of the amps (and the various basses I've used).. There's some great [b]reviews[/b] of this cab on Harmony Central [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/SWR/Triad+Cabinet/10/1"]HERE.[/url]

I think this comment from one of the reviewers sums it up:

[i]"I've played through tons of Genz Benz cabs, some Ampeg cabs, and a good bit of other stuff, and there really isn't a comparison you can make to the Triad. With the possible exception of Accugroove, no other bass cab manufacturer I know of offers a 3-way bass cab. This isn't a PA cab, but I guess it would make a great one. The sound of this cab is top notch and I would rather have 2 of these than a 15/210 combination."[/i]

Though the Triad design has been around since the mid to late '90s. it's still in production, so here's a link to the SWR site which has all the [url="http://www.swrsound.com/products/search.php?partno=4470400000"]SPEC.[/url] Here's a very recent [b]photo[/b]:

[attachment=42289:Jan_Feb_2010_204.jpg]

I can supply [b]more photos[/b] should you want to see them. It has speakons & jack sockets on the back, by the way. It isn't light; at 80lbs it definitely needs some muscle to move it around, but the trade off is that the sound is just fabulous! It can be shipped obviously, but at a cost of around £30-35, so if anyone's interested in the cab, then collection would be a much more sensible option if you are anywhere near West Sussex?

As you can see, I have used some [b]gaffa tape[/b] across the front to stop the aluminium grill from vibrating on the very low notes and it does the trick nicely.. Personally, I quite like how it looks, but I realise that some people might not. But it doesn't affect the cab in any material way and it can be removed and cleaned up without too much trouble.

[b]Price:[/b] I saw one of these go on Evil Bay before Xmas for almost £240 IIRC, so I am asking for [b] £200[/b] ovno (plus p&p) which I think is quite fair. However, feel free to make an offer..

Any questions, please PM me or ask away here.. Thanks for looking..

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='Rich' post='741202' date='Feb 10 2010, 05:02 PM']The Triad is a completely brilliant & wonderful-sounding cab and 200 quid is a steal. Just wanted to say that. Have a bump :)[/quote]
Many thanks!

Some PMs replied to and will do any others now.. It's a Mk 2 (or Mk II) version of the Triad but I don't know what year..I'll try and find out though via the SWR website..

It's definitely a 4 ohm cab!

[quote name='jhk' post='741674' date='Feb 11 2010, 04:51 AM']You can buy with supreme confidence from Nik!!
This is a great cab at a truly bargain price.[/quote]
Thanks Jon!

I know we discussed this when I bought the Eden rig last year; the Triad and the Metro do sound amazing together! But in most venues I play, that rig would be absolute overkill, and I just don't have a big enough car to take the combo and the Triad together..

Shame, as it would literally be deep joy! :)