Why become a member? ×

Superbowl

ezbass

Did anyone see the half time show of the Superbowl? I knew The Who were playing and as I'd seen the payoffs in Canada (hard to avoid) I thought I'd see it through to the final, especially with the added incentive of the midway show. So what was that that Pino was playing? Definitely a Fender P, but what was going on with the pickups? Any ideas anyone? Also, the Ashdown cab, Pino may have used their heads in the past, but always with Epifani cabs, and recently has only been seen with an SVT rig. Stage dressing? Product placement? I certainly couldn't see any head on display and suspect he went DI for just a half dozen songs or so. Over to you guys.

[quote name='ezbass' post='738854' date='Feb 8 2010, 12:25 PM']Did anyone see the half time show of the Superbowl? I knew The Who were playing and as I'd seen the payoffs in Canada (hard to avoid) I thought I'd see it through to the final, especially with the added incentive of the midway show. So what was that that Pino was playing? Definitely a Fender P, but what was going on with the pickups? Any ideas anyone? Also, the Ashdown cab, Pino may have used their heads in the past, but always with Epifani cabs, and recently has only been seen with an SVT rig. Stage dressing? Product placement? I certainly couldn't see any head on display and suspect he went DI for just a half dozen songs or so. Over to you guys.[/quote]

There were 2 x Ashdown 810's and there was definitely a head on the left one it looked like an Ashdown but not sure. Maybe he's made the switch from Ampeg?

[quote name='phatbass787' post='739081' date='Feb 8 2010, 04:31 PM']There were 2 x Ashdown 810's and there was definitely a head on the left one it looked like an Ashdown but not sure. Maybe he's made the switch from Ampeg?[/quote]

Ah ha, didn't see the other one (should've gone to Specsavers :)) maybe he's gone back to them now. I'd still like to know the real inside skinny on that P.