Why become a member? ×

Ipod into mixer adapter Q

jmsjabb

Ipod into mixer adapter Q.
I have an ipod ( stereo 3.5mm jack ) and wish to connect it to a mono 4 in mixer. One in will be from the Bass, should I use 2 inputs for left and right, or should I get a 3.5mm stereo to 1/4 mono adapter and just use one input?
Pointers helpful!

[quote name='ped' post='735571' date='Feb 4 2010, 10:08 PM']You'll want to split the signal into two channels matey - does the mixer in question have stereo RCA jacks at all, or just 1/4" ones?

ped[/quote]
Thanks PED
The mixer has 4 mono 1/4 inputs.
So I need a stereo 3.5mm to connect to the ipod to two ( left and right ) 1/4 jacks into, say, input 2 and 3 on the mixer ( assuming input 1 is the bass )?

[quote name='ped' post='735592' date='Feb 4 2010, 10:25 PM']That's right mate, works for me. You might find it easier getting a stereo 1/4" to L and R 1/4" jack cable and bunging a 1/4" to 3.5mm converter on the stereo end.

ped[/quote]
Cheers PED!
Any more T shirts in the offing?

I think I have a few small sized ones left but as I am in the process of moving I don't know where they are! I have a good distribution chain set up now so the next batch should be quite smooth. I also do iPod to mixer cables ;0)

(not really)

ped

[quote name='jmsjabb' post='735580' date='Feb 4 2010, 10:15 PM']Thanks PED
The mixer has 4 mono 1/4 inputs.
So I need a stereo 3.5mm to connect to the ipod to two ( left and right ) 1/4 jacks into, say, input 2 and 3 on the mixer ( assuming input 1 is the bass )?[/quote]

You might also try a cable that has a dock connector on one end, rather than a 3.5mm jack. This will give you a line level out with none of the EQ settings.
We tend to use this type of cable for running our ipods at gigs as it means less messing about with the volume control and EQ presets on the ipod, and we can leave the input on the mixer set to the same position.