Why become a member? ×

Eros Jazz Bass + Vox short scale

bouvier

[[center]b][size="3"][/size][font="Arial Black"][/font]Hi to all! I am trying to find 2 Bass guitars I had in the late seventies. The first is a Vox with a short scale neck this guitar was originally red with maple neck. The second is a Eros Jazz copy made in Japan I think, Sunburst with rosewood board. Both guitars would be at best described as the cheaper end of the market. If anyone has either for sale I would like to hear from them. Ta[/b][/center]

Edited by bouvier

[quote name='bouvier' post='735341' date='Feb 4 2010, 06:07 PM'][[center]b][size="3"][/size][font="Arial Black"][/font]Hi to all! I am trying to find 2 Bass guitars I had in the late seventies. The first is a Vox with a short scale neck this guitar was originally red with maple neck. The second is a Eros Jazz copy made in Japan I think, Sunburst with rosewood board. Both guitars would be at best described as the cheaper end of the market. If anyone has either for sale I would like to hear from them. Ta[/b][/center][/quote]
Hi - Afraid I can't help with the Vox, but Eros brand Jazz copies do turn up occasionally on Ebay. In the Ebay sub-forum there's a topic called "JapCrap Spotting" and that's where stuff like this gets flagged up if it's noticed. Many of the MIJ Jazz copies from the 70s were the same bass with different importer badges - Eros (not to be confused with the Italian E-Ros brand) was a name used by London-based importer/distributor Rosetti so it's very likely you'd be able to find an identical bass with a different brand name. Not sure about an Eros, but there are a few old Jap J copies floating around the BC membership, and things get traded, bought & sold very regularly here, so keep an eye on the Basses For Sale board too.

Do you have any photos of your old basses?

Jon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

[quote name='bouvier' post='735341' date='Feb 4 2010, 07:07 PM'][[center]b][size="3"][/size][font="Arial Black"][/font]Hi to all! I am trying to find 2 Bass guitars I had in the late seventies. The first is a Vox with a short scale neck this guitar was originally red with maple neck. The second is a Eros Jazz copy made in Japan I think, Sunburst with rosewood board. Both guitars would be at best described as the cheaper end of the market. If anyone has either for sale I would like to hear from them. Ta[/b][/center][/quote]

Hey Bouvier,

I have an Eros Mark 3 (I think!?) Japanese Jazz Bass copy - judging by its age and the condition I bought it in (1996) it looks late 70's era...Funilly enough I'd say it has a much nicer sunburst finish than any Fender (I own Fenders', too, btw) and with the chrome bridge and neck pick up covers with black scratch plate I think it looks great - this was/is, I hasten to add, the first bass I bought and learned on! Pickups are pretty terrible but I guess that's part of the charm.
Who knows, may be the same bass you once owned - FYI I bought it in a 2nd hand music store in Kings Lynn, Norfolk - I now reside in London.

[quote name='Sixx58' post='1342030' date='Aug 16 2011, 02:55 PM']Hey Bouvier,

I have an Eros Mark 3 (I think!?) Japanese Jazz Bass copy - judging by its age and the condition I bought it in (1996) it looks late 70's era...Funilly enough I'd say it has a much nicer sunburst finish than any Fender (I own Fenders', too, btw) and with the chrome bridge and neck pick up covers with black scratch plate I think it looks great - this was/is, I hasten to add, the first bass I bought and learned on! Pickups are pretty terrible but I guess that's part of the charm.
Who knows, may be the same bass you once owned - FYI I bought it in a 2nd hand music store in Kings Lynn, Norfolk - I now reside in London.[/quote]

I too have an Eros short/s bass. Mine's a black Fender copy with a white scratch plate, 1 pickup and chrome pickup cover, and a maple neck. Mine was bought s/hand in the late 70's. It's hardly been played, but it's got good tone. I'm new to bass and having upgraded I was thinking of selling the Eros, but having read this I'm having second thoughts. I'll maybe hang on and see if I like the tone it gives.