Why become a member? ×

Sold - Status Black 5 String Groove Bass

benebass

Hi - always wanted a Status Groove bass & bought this 5 string from oldslapper through the forum over the festive season, but I'm really a 4 string player, so looking to move it on.

For anyone who's not familiar with the Groove, I'd describe it as the Status take on a Stingray - the huge Trimax bridge pickup is pretty powerful & coupled with a bass/treble active EQ you can wind in a good range of tones.

I've restrung it with Stainless Steel Elites (40-125) this week has a pretty comfortable medium action - think if I was keeping it I'd take it for a pro set up, as a tweak of the truss rod should allow the action to be lowered further (if that's your thing). I'd guess the bass is over 10 years old & has a few minor dinks here & there, but no major issues.

Ideally I'd like to trade this for an active 4 string - my perfect trade would be a straight swap for a 4 string Groove, but there aren't many about so let me know what you have & we'll take it from there (with some cash either way for the right bass). Alternatively, I'd sell it on - I paid £350 posted for it, but would do it cheaper for a face to face deal (I'm based in Newcastle upon Tyne).

Here are some pics: -

[attachment=41401:IMGP1202.JPG] [attachment=41402:IMGP1203.JPG] [attachment=41403:IMGP1198.JPG]

Cheers,

B.

Edited by benebass

Hi Conan - thanks for the offer, but I'm only really interested in a fretted bass at the mo...

Cheers,

B.

[quote name='Conan' post='728484' date='Jan 29 2010, 10:35 AM']In case this deal doesn't work out, would you be interested in a fretless at all?[/quote]