Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot V-type 1x15" combo

Delberthot

I am looking to sell my Trace V-type combo and thought I'd offer here first before it goes to Ebay.

This is one of the earlier models, having the green grill cloth rather than the later metal Trace grill.

This combo features the Fender Bassman tonestack with 2 preamp tubes and passive tone controls. It also has a 'deep' switch which I've never needed as the bottom end is great as it is and also a 'bright' switch for boosting the top end.

Its just been fitted recently with 2 brand new JJ 12AX7 valves which I think gives it a growlier edge when you crank the preamp volume than the marshall ones that were in there when I bought it - I can change these back if you prefer a less aggressive tone.

Its rated at 180w on its own or 250w with another 8ohm cab.

Trace never made a cover for these so I had one specially made in black with green piping round the edges. It also has removable casters.

The original Trace driver was removed many moons ago and replaced with an Eminence beta for reasons unknown.

This is a beast of an amp and in true Trace style, it sounds far louder than the 180w it claims to be. Being absolutely honest, This is the best sounding amp I have ever played through but in a fit of madness I decided that I would sell it and get an 8x10" and the Hartke.

I haven't gigged with the Hartke/Ashdown rig yet and won't do so until the end of February. If this hasn't sold by then and I still prefer the sound then the Trace will be staying and the big rig will be going. I'm actually in half a mind to sell everything and start again but I do have a habit of making rash decisions.

Cosmetically it shows the signs of a well gigged combo but overall is in great shape. I was going to recover it but it didn;t bother me enough to do it. The amp section itself is clean as whistle.

Price-wise I am looking for £400 plus postage. There's nothing I'm looking for in terms of trades as my new Ashdown 810 Mag and Hartke LH500 pretty much cover everything I need but you could always try me.

Edited by Delberthot

Skint?

I may be up for trades for items of equal or lesser value than this combo as long as I get some cash in my direction.

Possiblities include Trace V-type preamp, Orange bass terror, other trace heads & cabs. Basses include Yamaha BB3000, 5000 or similar, Thunderbird, EB-3, Epi EB-1, always up for trying another fretless.

I'm not a snob when it comes to brands to feel free to try me.

If you're interested in this but don't have all the cash then let me know what you have that you'd be up for trading and I'll get back to you.

That is all.