Why become a member? ×

FS: Barefaced Big One ** Further Price Drop to £500!! **

chris_pokkuri

I have left the band I co-founded and have played in for the last 7 years. I’m not sure when/if I will play bass in a band again so that means you lucky people can have the chance to buy most of my gear.

[u]Barefaced Bass Big One[/u]
Now I’m sure most of you know everything about this but here’s the link to the info on Alex’s website for those who don’t. [url="http://barefacedbass/big-one.htm"]Barefaced Big One[/url]

“Massive bottom end, mid range punch, treble clarity and, for their weight, the loudest deepest bass cabs you can buy”

I originally had a problem with the 15” driver and sent it back to Alex who replaced it with a brand new one. Since then, (due to band issues) I haven’t had any gigs. In other words this has only been used for a few practices so is practically new – its in [b]mint[/b] condition. I've basically just run it in for you!

[b]These go for £675 direct from Barefaced. I’ll sell it to you for £500 collected or will send it by courier at buyers expense. I checked and it'll cost approx £45-£50.[/b]

Hartke LH1000 (sold)

Warwick 2U Rackcase (sold)

The cab is at my parents house, I’ll post pics on the weekend when I go up there.

Cheers,
Chris.

Edited by chris_pokkuri

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Higgie' post='759366' date='Feb 27 2010, 07:36 PM']What ohmage is this? On the site it says 6ohms...But that leaves me wondering what wattage my Amp would produce if it does 500watts at 4ohm?[/quote]

I'm guessing that it would put out around 350-400 watts @ 6 ohms. According to the website though they are very sensitive, meaning that it should still be plenty loud enough! It does sound like an odd impedence to go for doesn't it? I'm sure greater intellects than mine can explain why Alex has departed from the more customary multiples of four?

Great cab - I was just hoping for the price to come down a bit, or for me to have a reason to be down in Wales! :)

Edited by Conan

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Conan' post='761885' date='Mar 2 2010, 03:10 PM']I'm guessing that it would put out around 350-400 watts @ 6 ohms. According to the website though they are very sensitive, meaning that it should still be plenty loud enough! It does sound like an odd impedence to go for doesn't it? I'm sure greater intellects than mine can explain why Alex has departed from the more customary multiples of four?[/quote]

It is because he measured the impedance, rather than quoting the nominal of the woofer. I think it ends up being odd because the crossover does things to it that I don't understand.

• 2 months later...