Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB Mk1 Japanese made 5tring SOLD pending usual

chenzo_1

Yamaha TRB Mk1 Japanese made 5tring

After a quick sale now! So i can place my order for my custom Iceni funkmeister

So will take £350 inc hardcase

Got a few battle scars but nothing major!

Edited by chenzo_1

[quote name='chenzo_1' post='723301' date='Jan 24 2010, 05:15 PM']Think of selling my Yamaha TRB.

Great bass but just fancy something new!

Looking to trade rather than just sell. Looking fir maybe a Dj5 or Stingray 5 (+ plus cash)

For straight sale looking for about £400 inc hardcase

Got a few battle scars but nothing major!

More pics ready if needed[/quote]

It's not a very good photo... has that got the recessed area on the front of the body? Superficially, it looks more like a TRB5ii but Mk1s seemed to come in all sorts of variations of PJ and soapbar pickups. Sounds like a good deal to me and a much underrated instrument.

[quote name='chenzo_1' post='732658' date='Feb 2 2010, 10:40 AM']price drop £380[/quote]

These are great basses and massively undervalued IMO. I have a first series exactly the same as this. Traded it in last year for a new Fender MIA jazz and immediately regretted it! Not that I didn't like the jazz but I just missed the TRB. So much that I went and reversed the trade and got it back. Trade in price I was offered varied a lot. GAK in Brighton weren't that interested and pitched it around the £300-350 mark. Andertons in Guildford offered me £600 and then put it up for sale at £899. Before I went and got it back! I'd hang on to it if I were you...