Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Ampeg SVT-II SOLD

joegarcia

Thinking of letting my SVT-II go. I've had it about two months (got it in a trade deal on here with Gareth) and I've realised that my sound needs massive solid state headroom so am going back to my 1200w Sunn. A real shame to see it go as it's an amazing sounding amp.

Since I've had it I've spent £150 on all new preamp valves from Watford Valves. They are 5x Harma 12ax7's and 3x Philips NOS 12au7's. These were recommended as the best preamp valves available for these amps according to the guy from Watford Valves who is a bassist with several SVT's and really seemed to know his stuff. I've only used the amp on a handful of practices and two gigs since I got them so they're basically new. The power valves are EHX 6550's and have plenty of life left in them.

It has a full John Henry's flightcase which comprises of a rack sleeve which fits into a big wheeled case.

I believe it's an early 90's model (US made of course) and is one of the very first 'Pro' models. I think I am right in saying that this model in particular is internally the same to the later 'non pro' ones, going by pics I've seen of both models. It is the one with blue lettering. Pics to come if there's interest but it's in my practice space at the moment.

Not sure if I want to sell at the moment so am just looking for trades for the time being. If I decide to sell I will put a price up.

Tradewise I'm interested in 70's basses such as Gibsons (particularly RD's, EB's and the like. Not really interested in Rippers or Grabbers), Guilds and battered Precisions with maple boards. May also be interested in an Aguilar DB750, Matamps, Mesa 400's, Marshall VBA's or Hiwatt 400's (in my dreams).

Edit: Up for sale at £1000.
I know this is more than the going rate but I think it's reasonable given the new valves and flightcase.

[size=5][b]SOLD[/b][/size]

Edited by joegarcia

Hopefully Gareth won't mind me using his pics:

[attachment=40979:amp_front.jpg]

[attachment=40980:amp_rear2.jpg]

[attachment=40981:amp_in_flightcase1.jpg]

One of the two gigs it was used for since I've had it was when I lent it to Al from Om/Sleep in December. He is usually very very fussy about his Ampegs and usually refuses all but certain models including SVT-II's and he said it sounded great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...