Why become a member? ×

Warmoth '54 Precision Bass

Delberthot

I thought I'd let out the details to my next bass. So far only my wife knows the details (she doesn't really care though) Based on the delivery schedule the guys at Warmoth have given me - it is due around Christmas.

I love my '51 reissue precision but hate the fact that it is so jaggy - as in the lack of contouring so I have gone with a '54 style mahogany body which will be finished in Gold Flake.

I loved the neck on my Warwick Thumb NT5 so I have gone with a Wenge neck and Ebony fretboard with no dots on the fretboard.

All of the hardware is gold and I have also ordered the neck with the copper alloy fretwire which looks like gold.

I have gone with the standard Fender single coil pickup as I think that this is the best one for me. the pots are CTS 500k and I have a .047 Sprague cap for the tone.

the only 2 things I need to get are the nut and strings. I had ordered an ABM JAN bridge from Bass Parts Resource but they don't have any so I may get it from Warwick or may go for a JAN III.

I am toying over the idea of getting TI flats for it or staying with my regular EB Hybrid Slinkies or going for something completely different.

As soon as I have the parts, I will be posting lots of pictures

The other thing I want to do is get a decal for the headstock. I don't want one that says it is a Fender because it will obviously not be one. I have seen one that says "Fender Telebastard" and would like something along the same vain but can't tink of anything witty like that

Edited by Delberthot

Looking forward to this, i think it will look like Cat Steven's Bass Player's gold flake ASAT (his name escapes me).

U can get those gold strings (again make and model escape me)
Its early after not much sleep :)

I'm not a big fan of those 'humerous' logo's. I'd say either go for the actual Fender logo or try and do something like your own signature etc. I went for a Fender logo on my P Project because i like the aesthetic!

Pics!!!!

Si

[quote name='Delberthot' post='79979' date='Oct 26 2007, 10:06 PM']The other thing I want to do is get a decal for the headstock. I don't want one that says it is a Fender because it will obviously not be one. I have seen one that says "Fender Telebastard" and would like something along the same vain but can't tink of anything witty like that[/quote]
Don't Warmoth send their Turtle decal with their necks? That'd make it different.