Why become a member? ×

Trace AH500

witterth

My TE AH500 still isn't "right" after 2 reasonable and trusted amp techs have looked at it.
(havent taken it back to either cos work commitments meant Ive left it too long to do so reasonably)
anybody any reccomendations? north west england. after the independant tech,route, I would also consider the "bigger" company approach KWIM?thanks
W
btw
checked: cabs, cables ect

Edited by witterth

[quote name='witterth' post='722054' date='Jan 23 2010, 11:47 AM']My TE AH500 still isn't "right" after 2 reasonable and trusted amp techs have looked at it.
(havent taken it back to either cos work commitments meant Ive left it too long to do so reasonably)
anybody any reccomendations? north west england. after the independant tech,route, I would also consider the "bigger" company approach KWIM?thanks
W
btw
checked: cabs, cables ect[/quote]

MB1. :)

...KWIM? :rolleyes:

...Just Figured it!......Know What I mean! :lol:

[quote name='MB1' post='722527' date='Jan 23 2010, 08:04 PM']MB1. :rolleyes:

...KWIM? :lol:

...Just Figured it!......Know What I mean! :lol:[/quote]
Hello? Hello? Mcfly?????

come on mb1 :lol:!!!
wasnt it you who pointed me in the BC direction in the first place? :)

love it here, but tech response on this hasn't been good........most likely my bad description of fault? lack of mithering and the fact that "hands on diagnostics" will allways be best in the scheme of things.
still..... who can fix my amp?? who is good at this stuff?
it keeps distorting a clean signal (in a Bad way)and losing power.....phwwwww

I don't know if GMAudio are still in business? - The guy there was/is a Trace expert.

If you don't mind shipping I can recommend Steve Rowse without hesitation - he's brilliant. - [url="http://www.stevesamps.co.uk"]http://www.stevesamps.co.uk[/url]

[quote name='Hamster' post='722749' date='Jan 24 2010, 12:33 AM']I don't know if GMAudio are still in business? - The guy there was/is a Trace expert.

If you don't mind shipping I can recommend Steve Rowse without hesitation - he's brilliant. - [url="http://www.stevesamps.co.uk"]http://www.stevesamps.co.uk[/url][/quote]
Thanks again for more options H
shipping isnt a problem if it gets fixed!!!
thanks
will let you know the eventual outcome!
W
ps will goolgle GM ( that sounds familiar )

[quote name='witterth' post='722741' date='Jan 24 2010, 12:20 AM']it keeps distorting a clean signal (in a Bad way)and losing power.....phwwwww[/quote]

If it's any help, I've had a similar experience with two Trace amps; an AH300, and a V-Type AH600. Both amps started distorting badly, and losing power, then completely quit, and filled the rehearsal room with choking smoke! :)

On both amps, the power amp board was completely fried, and needed complete new boards. The tech who repaired my V-Type said that there was a complete lack of protection in the power amp board, and when one component blue, it took everything out with it!

Might be something completely different on your amp, thats just the experiences that I have had :rolleyes:

[quote name='retroman' post='722837' date='Jan 24 2010, 08:33 AM']If it's any help, I've had a similar experience with two Trace amps; an AH300, and a V-Type AH600. Both amps started distorting badly, and losing power, then completely quit, and filled the rehearsal room with choking smoke! :)

On both amps, the power amp board was completely fried, and needed complete new boards. The tech who repaired my V-Type said that there was a complete lack of protection in the power amp board, and when one component blue, it took everything out with it!

Might be something completely different on your amp, thats just the experiences that I have had :rolleyes:[/quote]
Jesus!!!!
this is a quite old (tranny) mark4 amp (ah500 gp11) really well built, but your thoughts are worth bearing in mind so thanks
W

[quote name='witterth' post='722838' date='Jan 24 2010, 08:41 AM']Jesus!!!!
this is a quite old (tranny) mark4 amp (ah500 gp11) really well built, but your thoughts are worth bearing in mind so thanks
W[/quote]

MB1. :)
...Looks like you wont be going short on Firelighters then! :rolleyes: