Why become a member? ×

Sandberg PM4 *SOLD*

Legion

Well, what do you know - I did it again. Recently bought off BC but I'm in the excellent position of having 2 awesome basses and I'm maintaining a 1 in 1 out policy. This had a fight with Tony Franklin and Tony chucked dirt in its eyes at the last minute and kicked it in the nuts. So here it is...

Lovely Sandberg PM4 in Creme Highgloss with a tort guard, Sandberg split coil P and Musicman style humbucker. Comes with the standard Schaller compatible buttons and the strap bits. Pickup cover is fitted although personally they get in way for me. Jazz profile neck is nice although again I'm happy with fatter necks anyway.

Condition is excellent, I've given the fretboard a damn good clean, replaced the missing tension screw on the A string machine head, replaced the broken battery compartment and fixed the crackly pots with some DeOxit. Now in tip top state ready for me to try and get back the £700 I paid (Update: £650 and its yours). It's got a Spector gig bag to live in so collection is preferred, although if you want me to buy a hardcase I'm happy to ship it (will cost I'm afraid).

A fellow basschatter Lothar said he wants this but has not got round to actually sending me the money - so if you are out there Lothar you better let me know if you are serious before someone else buys it :)
[attachment=40772:IMGP2231.JPG]
[attachment=40773:IMGP2233.JPG]
[attachment=40774:IMGP2234.JPG]

Edited by Legion

[quote name='hagguy' post='721605' date='Jan 22 2010, 08:22 PM']interested in trades or part x ?[/quote]

Not at this stage, I would rather sell and stick with my 2 basses that I have. If there is no interest after some time I might consider some other options.

[quote name='Legion' post='721691' date='Jan 22 2010, 09:52 PM']Not at this stage, I would rather sell and stick with my 2 basses that I have. If there is no interest after some time I might consider some other options.[/quote]

no probs man thought i'd ask anyway i've got a sandberg basic (which i love) but a p pickup would
be nice if you change your mind could always chuck sum bucks in to make it interesting up to you but
im only a pm away so if it dont sell gimme a shout and see if we can do a deal. hope it sells cos its a stonker
but really hope it dont cos i want it :rolleyes: :lol: :) :lol:

[quote name='engage757' post='722703' date='Jan 23 2010, 11:07 PM']WOW! These basses are SEVERELY under-rated! Just my two cents, but this is one of the best P-style basses around!

is the neck finished?[/quote]

It's a seriously competent bass and if I wasn't so happy with my other 2 P type basses I'd be keeping it. The neck is finished yes, nice and smooth though, not sticky.

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='729907' date='Jan 30 2010, 05:36 PM']Not sold yet??? This should be gone by now, have a bump on me![/quote]

I was hoping the same thing, but I think people are tightening the belts a bit :)

Maybe this will get things moving... price drop to £650!