Why become a member? ×

Little Bastards!

KiOgon

think this mite intrest some of you, its a link to a thread from another forum that i came across on thurs nite , caused me to get to bed very late lol . Its a guy playing through an orange tiny terror . He has put up loads of sound clips. Let me know what you think . As for me im guna go n bye one today . Got my LB on order but aint guna pay a surcharge to get it quicker so will play with the TT till the LB comes in may.
[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560354"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560354[/url]
just copy n paste this link in your browser n be ready to be blown away by this guys sound

Ok so here is what I've heard about the LB30 head.

They are making a 100 hand built in the UK ones which will retail at £579
The production ones will be made in China and will retail at £399

Although there are 100 being built in the UK, only 25 will be available for the UK to buy, the rest go out to Ashdown fans across the world.
Each hand built amp will come with a certificate stating that it was hand built !

The amp will run at 30watts @ 4 ohms, and around 20 watts @ 8 ohms

I have also heard that some are already built and ready, but they are waiting for them all to be done before they start distribution.

Finally, Distribution will start from April for the hand build and May for the factory build.

This is all I know, Hope it helps

Mike

Sources : ( Ashdown Music + Bonners Music )

[quote name='Mike_M' post='757507' date='Feb 25 2010, 08:00 PM']Ok so here is what I've heard about the LB30 head.

They are making a 100 hand built in the UK ones which will retail at £579
The production ones will be made in China and will retail at £399

Although there are 100 being built in the UK, only 25 will be available for the UK to buy, the rest go out to Ashdown fans across the world.
Each hand built amp will come with a certificate stating that it was hand built !

The amp will run at 30watts @ 4 ohms, and around 20 watts @ 8 ohms

I have also heard that some are already built and ready, but they are waiting for them all to be done before they start distribution.

Finally, Distribution will start from April for the hand build and May for the factory build.

This is all I know, Hope it helps

Mike

Sources : ( Ashdown Music + Bonners Music )[/quote]

You almost had me believing all that - then I saw Bonners! :)

[quote name='KiOgon' post='757689' date='Feb 25 2010, 10:50 PM']You almost had me believing all that - then I saw Bonners! :)[/quote]

hahaha,

The only part sourced from Bonners is that there are only 25 coming into the uk

But who knows, this is only what i've heard, only time will tell when the ACTUALLY get delivered !!!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='LuvMusic' post='783016' date='Mar 23 2010, 02:11 AM']You may want to check-out this link for a little surprise! [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=640748"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=640748[/url] :)[/quote]

You Lucky LB :rolleyes: Sweet looking & good first impressions, keep us informed!
Cheers,
John

[quote name='umph' post='783258' date='Mar 23 2010, 12:03 PM']what? Is the amp an OTL design or something? i thought it used a quad of el84's[/quote]

I'm not sure what OTL design is?
Just received in email from Ashdown:"the lb puts out full power at 8 or 4" though, so I'm happy :)

[quote name='KiOgon' post='783114' date='Mar 23 2010, 04:47 AM']You Lucky LB :) Sweet looking & good first impressions, keep us informed!
Cheers,
John[/quote]

John:

Thanks for the feedback....my initial impressions of the LB are very positive! I initially tested the head using my P bass strung with flats and it sounded awesome. I then tried my SBMM SB14 through the high input on the head and to get a tone I liked, I had to flip-up all the tone switches which makes the amp sound more "modern." At my day job now and when I get as chance I'll try the SB14 through the normal input. I bet it will sound great.

I thought the 20w at 8ohms sounded wrong. It sure sounds and feels like 30w @ 8ohms to me.

Ben

[quote name='KiOgon' post='783360' date='Mar 23 2010, 01:03 PM']I'm not sure what OTL design is?
Just received in email from Ashdown:"the lb puts out full power at 8 or 4" though, so I'm happy :)[/quote]
output transformerless, it's quite hard to do with valves can sound great though!

[quote name='umph' post='783960' date='Mar 23 2010, 03:44 PM']output transformerless, it's quite hard to do with valves can sound great though![/quote]

I have a Little Bastard and looked (as best I could) at the guts last night and I can definitely tell you there is an Ashdown branded output transformer on the chassis.

I hope competitors get a move on and bring out their versions of a low wattage, tube bass head. I personally think the Ashdown looks a bit naff. It resembles some sort of pseudo Harley-Davidson guitar amp or something. There's also far too much [color="#FF0000"]RED[/color] on it for my liking. I'm sure it sounds great, but its looks doesn't have me reaching for my wallet.

[font="Verdana"][size=7][color="#FF0000"]O.M.G.[/color][/size][/font][b][/b]

[color="#000000"][size=5]I've just had a baby[/size][/color]

[color="#FF0000"][size=7]WOW![/size][/color]

Pictures & report later, I'm too excited now :)

Edited by KiOgon

[quote name='KiOgon' post='791692' date='Mar 31 2010, 05:25 AM']#1 - Number 1 - Numero Uno - #1 :rolleyes: :brow: :)[/quote]

OOOOOOHHHH!!!!! Very Nice! Can't wait to read your impressions and get a report on how the head sounds with that 12 inch cab.

Enjoy!

P.S. How's the knee?

Edited by LuvMusic

[quote name='LuvMusic' post='791985' date='Mar 31 2010, 02:49 PM']OOOOOOHHHH!!!!! Very Nice! Can't wait to read your impressions and get a report on how the head sounds with that 12 inch cab.

Enjoy!

P.S. How's the knee?[/quote]

WooooHoooooooo! Abso-F'ing-lutely luverly ta & the knee's not too bad thanks for askin Ben, brilliant day all round G/F got all clear from 2nd lot of mammograms & ultrasound> Whisky & Champagne tonight for sure! So I'm far too happy to do anything like a serious review but the cab & amp together do exactly what I wanted
Cheers :rolleyes:
[quote name='phatbass787' post='792174' date='Mar 31 2010, 05:16 PM']wow, very cool! Have to let us know what its like...[/quote]

First impressions = everything else is just a toy! This is the real deal, nothing comes even close to them valves glowin & chuckin tone out by the truck load! Old skool kool :)
Ashdown have a real little winner on their hands I reckon!

Edited by KiOgon