Why become a member? ×

Ooooops.....new bass?! :-P

Sibob

So, popped over to Voxpop's house near Reading and I might have come home with a 2009 Jazz Standard 5 string

[url="http://img339.imageshack.us/i/21012010663.jpg/"][/url]

[url="http://img716.imageshack.us/i/21012010666.jpg/"][/url]

Shocking photos I know, I'll get some decent ones soon with it's siblings (I kinda have triplets now).
It's a real beauty, these '09 Fenders have got great build quality, will be gigging it on saturday & sunday, so am looking forward to it.

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='720658' date='Jan 21 2010, 11:15 PM']So, popped over to Voxpop's house near Reading and I might have come home with a 2009 Jazz Standard 5 string

[url="http://img339.imageshack.us/i/21012010663.jpg/"][/url]

[url="http://img716.imageshack.us/i/21012010666.jpg/"][/url]

Shocking photos I know, I'll get some decent ones soon with it's siblings (I kinda have triplets now).
It's a real beauty, these '09 Fenders have got great build quality, will be gigging it on saturday & sunday, so am looking forward to it.

Si[/quote]

Good choice, I was looking at this, but I think im going to go for another 4 and leave the 5's to a new Classic Series Ray. The new Fenders are great :)

[quote name='Musicman20' post='720717' date='Jan 22 2010, 01:24 AM']Good choice, I was looking at this, but I think im going to go for another 4 and leave the 5's to a new Classic Series Ray. The new Fenders are great :)[/quote]

Yeah I think if the new Classic Rays had been passive (no reason why they would be), they would have been a serious contender. But I have a massive soft spot for Fender Jazzes, so this was a no-brainer!
I think I beat another Basschatter to it though.....so if they're reading this......sorry! :rolleyes:

Si

In the background?
That's "How I Met Your Mother", you know.....that Friends ripoff that is actually quite funny sometimes!

I'm really happy with the bass so far, just some bedroom playing etc, have a gig tonight and tomorrow though, so will be taking it out with the 4.

Marc, what white bodied one did you order? an older year? or a Deluxe?

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='722194' date='Jan 23 2010, 02:25 PM']In the background?
That's "How I Met Your Mother", you know.....that Friends ripoff that is actually quite funny sometimes!

I'm really happy with the bass so far, just some bedroom playing etc, have a gig tonight and tomorrow though, so will be taking it out with the 4.

Marc, what white bodied one did you order? an older year? or a Deluxe?

Si[/quote]

The american Deluxe has now been discountinued so I went for the American Standard and will bling it up. :)

[quote name='D-COOPER' post='725010' date='Jan 26 2010, 12:14 PM']Doh!! My mistake. I thought that was a mirror not a tv!! :blush:[/quote]

Haha, genius, it's funny what things our eyes can make us see.

So I gigged the 5 saturday and sunday just gone. Saturday wasn't amazing, the action was too low and pickups too high, I wasn't disappointed as I know it's quite often the way, the first gig is for tweeking the setup. So tweeked it sunday, only subtle changes obviously, raised the action a pinch, bought the pickups down. Now it plays beautiful and really sings!
Really happy :)

Si

[quote name='voxpop' post='725036' date='Jan 26 2010, 12:35 PM']The american Deluxe has now been discountinued so I went for the American Standard and will bling it up. :)[/quote]

Ah very cool, I'd completely forgotten they did the Standard 5 in Oly White!
Very nice mate. Pics when it arrives please! :rolleyes:

They'll be a substantial Fender 5 Jazz contigent soon haha

Si