Why become a member? ×

Met Karl Alvarez tonight..

bassix

..And he was a lovely bloke. He was playing with The Real McKenzies in Brighton (Canadian-Scottish folk punk!) and the gig was thoroughly excellent! After a few beers I managed to pluck up the courage to chat to him after the gig and he was a charming, nice guy. He was playing an all white MIA P Bass that he says he has been playing for 15 years. It was interesting to find out he recorded all of The Descendents All album with an Ibanez Roadster! I was always of the impression he had used a Fender P or a MM but stand corrected

It was wonderful to meet one of biggest bass guitar heroes and have him live up to the expectations that I'd put before him. Great night!

[quote name='Wil' post='717402' date='Jan 19 2010, 12:36 AM']A Roadster eh? He always had great tone. All in the fingers probably![/quote]

Yup, I regret not asking him what he played on Everything Sucks as it is my favourite of The Descendents albums.

If you fancy meeting him he will be at the Russian Embassy in London tomorrow morning around 8 to get Visas!