Why become a member? ×

1976 Gibson Thunderbird

garethox

[quote name='robocorpse' post='718001' date='Jan 19 2010, 04:17 PM']"the pickups alone are worth around £1000" :)[/quote]What a load of bologna.
I use to own one and yes, the neck had been snapped off and repaired properly by myself when I worked at KGB guitars. I wouldn't buy it if I couldn't see it and play it before hand. No picks of the front of the headstock, why?

[quote name='steve-soar' post='718079' date='Jan 19 2010, 05:04 PM']What a load of bologna.
I use to own one and yes, the neck had been snapped off and repaired properly by myself when I worked at KGB guitars. I wouldn't buy it if I couldn't see it and play it before hand. No picks of the front of the headstock, why?[/quote]

once again,i dont see why people on here HAVE to get involved..
some of you guys really are a pain in the Ass..
its quite remarkable ou find you have to comment...

ive sent the guy over 25 pictures...he asked,he recieved..no problem...

and do i take it youre infact a racist ? using Bologna in reference to what you believe is untrue? are you implying that people from Bologna ONLY TELL LIES..? thats racist surely? you gotsta be careful boy,you could land yourself in trouble in this PC world :) best be quiet from now on,it seems to be youre not ready for the big wide world! stay in your bedroom a few more years! :lol: unless ofcourse,you meant baloney? :-/
:lol:!!!!!
we can all pick and poke at what we want..it shows a mature and evolved mind,when one keeps his opinions to himself :rolleyes:

i think its about time basschat grew up :lol: dont you.

anyways...im only messing...i honestly couldnt give a funk :lol:

Edited by jimijimmi

I don't know why the thread has taken this direction, but it should not have.

If one actually [i]reads[/i] Jimi's listing, he's upfront about the bass's condition, with pictures of any defects. He also supplies contact details beyond those required by ebay. On request, he has supplied further images to another member here.

He's opening at a £1k with a BIN of £1500, which in my opinion, is a fair price, all things considered. Observing the overheated nature of the US pick-up market, £1k+ for a set of 76 T-bird electrics seems a perfectly reasonable valuation to me.

So, in my opinion, there's absolutely nothing about Jimi's listing that should occasion concern or suspicion.

There are plenty of con-artists on ebay and BC has exposed a fair few of them. But the danger with dissecting ebay listings is that one doesn't always know that the seller may be a perfectly well-respected member of this forum with nothing to hide. And this is not the first time.

Some may think Jimi's reaction a tad over-cooked. Not so. He was subject to an unjustified, unsubstantiated slagging from some different folks on here some time ago and I completely understand his sensitivity on such issues.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='718937' date='Jan 20 2010, 01:08 PM']I don't know why the thread has taken this direction, but it should not have.

If one actually [i]reads[/i] Jimi's listing, he's upfront about the bass's condition, with pictures of any defects. He also supplies contact details beyond those required by ebay. On request, he has supplied further images to another member here.

He's opening at a £1k with a BIN of £1500, which in my opinion, is a very fair price, all things considered. Observing the overheated nature of the US pick-up market, £1k+ for a set of 76 T-bird electrics seems a perfectly reasonable valuation to me.

So, in my opinion, there's absolutely nothing about Jimi's listing that should occasion concern or suspicion.

There are plenty of con-artists on ebay and BC has exposed a fair few of them. But the danger with dissecting ebay listings is that one doesn't always know that the seller may be a perfectly well-respected member of this forum with nothing to hide.

Some may think Jimi's reaction a tad over-cooked. Not so. He was subject to a similarly unjustified, unsubstantiated slagging on here some time ago and I completely understand his sensitivity on such issues.[/quote]
+1 to all this

appreciate it guys...

im just a youngster trying to sell a bass..to which i know one hell of alot about...im not tryin to fool anyone...
i dont need to prove myself to anyone,or prove my worth..its already been done.

if you dont wana buy it,dont :) i dont care! :rolleyes:

once again,thanks for the comments guys...

[quote name='garethox' post='718988' date='Jan 20 2010, 01:46 PM']+1.

Jimi is a stand up guy.

Sorry J, I wouldn't have created the link if I'd have known you were going to get all this!

G.[/quote]

no worries Gareth :)
water off a ducks back

i appreciate you putting it up :rolleyes:

jj

[quote name='jimijimmi' post='718947' date='Jan 20 2010, 01:16 PM']im just a youngster[/quote]

H'mmm, I may have to report this particularly dubious claim.

At [i]your [/i]age (25-ish per your profile?) a fair proportion of the BC membership would be calling you 'Grandad'. :)

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='719023' date='Jan 20 2010, 02:03 PM']H'mmm, I may have to report this particularly dubious claim.

At [i]your [/i]age (25-ish per your profile?) a fair proportion of the BC membership would be calling you 'Grandad'. :lol:[/quote]

awwwww what!?
dont say that :)
my girlfriend keeps saying im an old fogie :rolleyes: ,she did however,dye my hair as it was mostly grey!!! she is a hairdresser btw!

im 24..25 on 30th of may,so ill expect presents!

I´m really sorry if things were going wrong because of me just wanting to know if anyone knew about the bass.

I´ve recieved loads of pictures of the bass and is just in thought in weither I should buy it and the sell my Pre Ernie Ball Stingray or if I should skip this one.
I´d probably get a divorce if I dont atleast promise to sell something if I buy the Bird...

So... sorry guys and especially you jimi if it was, in my opinion, my pretty reasonable concern and couriosity that got the thread in a.... slight mellow mode...!
As said I just wanted to know if anyone new anything about the bass or the seller.

[quote name='blackparkas' post='719044' date='Jan 20 2010, 02:22 PM']I´m really sorry if things were going wrong because of me just wanting to know if anyone knew about the bass.

I´ve recieved loads of pictures of the bass and is just in thought in weither I should buy it and the sell my Pre Ernie Ball Stingray or if I should skip this one.
I´d probably get a divorce if I dont atleast promise to sell something if I buy the Bird...

So... sorry guys and especially you jimi if it was, in my opinion, my pretty reasonable concern and couriosity that got the thread in a.... slight mellow mode...!
As said I just wanted to know if anyone new anything about the bass or the seller.[/quote]

No worries Johan! :)

its all in good fun!
i think people are looking out for one another,which is great,i only wish they would do it in a not so direct manner!