Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Seymour Duncan Basslines Quarter Pounders for Jazz Bass

For sale; one pair of Seymour Duncan Basslines SPB3 Quarter Pounders for Jazz bass. ON HOLD

Been in this bass since about 2005; excellent condition, a little wear to the logo on the bridge pickup but that's about it. Wires are full original length, i didn't cut them when i fitted them and i unsoldered them rather than cutting them, planning on removing them and returning them to the original boxes.

£50 ono for the pair? +postage.

Willing to trade for a good P/J set otherwise?
[attachment=40399:S5031016.JPG]
[attachment=40400:S5031017.JPG]
[attachment=40401:S5031018.JPG]

Edited by jaythemusicguy

Hi,

I'm interested in these, but not sure they would fit my bass. I've only got an old Yammy BB-N4 (same as this [url="http://media.photobucket.com/image/yamaha%20bbn4/davespics/100_0141.jpg"]http://media.photobucket.com/image/yamaha%...s/100_0141.jpg)[/url] with stock jazz-type pickups.

Anyone know if these will fit without modification?

Cheers,
Bod.

Edited by wjoyce

[quote name='wjoyce' post='716556' date='Jan 18 2010, 01:28 PM']Anyone know if these will fit without modification?[/quote]
It's impossible to see from your picture, but the Quarterpounder Jazz wouldn't fit into my older BB Yammy without opening up the corners a bit. It wasn't very difficult to do with a small file. You'll probably have this problem with any replacement pickup, as the Yamaha pickups (on my bass anyway) are rounder than normal in the corners. I had the same problem with the Vintage Duncan, but was able to file down the bobbins on the Duncans and use the Yamaha pickup covers. You can't do this on the Quarterpounders, though, because of the size of the polepieces.

I can certainly recommend the pickups. You're not going to find anything better and the price is right.

Edited by stevie

[quote name='Beedster' post='715940' date='Jan 17 2010, 07:41 PM']If you're replacing with a PJ I've a Fender Reggie Hamilton Jazz pickguard (i.e., with a P-PUP not a J-PUP) which i bought for a project that's no longer happening?
C[/quote]

Hey mate, out of interest what colour is that guard? Not 100% sure it'd fit on as the bass isn't actually a fender, but interested none the less!