Why become a member? ×

Shuker Electric Upright (EUB) - SOLD

Sibob

So my poor Shuker Custom Electric Upright has been sitting in its case for a while now, having not had an upright gig in a long time.
Obviously i can take pics although am just wondering what people think at the mo.

The spec is the standard one found on John's website, although the body on mine looks deeper then his gallery pics, it's made from African Mahogany with an Imbuya Burl top and matching headstock, is 36" scale and has the Schertler transducer pickup system. The fingerboard is unmarked but has dots and lines on the side. It attaches to the supplied tripod stand

The bass is in fantastic, almost mint condition apart from a couple of very very minor scuffs on the top of the headstock.

It would come with the Shuker softcase and a bow, which, IIRC is a Stentor brazilwood w/ebony frog 3/4 bow costing about £120 new.
Collection only as i would urge people to try it!
It cost £1375 NEW
+ Bow = £1495

I would want around [b]£900[/b] for this or see possible trade list in post below

Cheers for looking

Si

p.s.
forgot to mention, theres a video on my personal myspace of me bowing the bass for Gabby Young, listen through headphones or decent speakers!

Edited by Sibob

• 1 month later...

Monthly bump

Trades I'd be potentially interested in with cash my way:

- an amp head around the same kinda spec/size/weight/value (£250-£300ish) as an Ashdown ABM500 EVO II
and/or
- Sansamp DI box

Long shot, but if you never ask................... :)

Si

Edited by Sibob

Here are some pictures!!

Also forgot to mention the controls on the Schertler, they are:
Bass
Mid Sweep
Treble
Volume
A 3-way buffer switch allowing gain control
A button to check battery level

Si

Edited by Sibob

Cheers Steve, yeah it's an amazing piece of kit, but I'm simply not using it at the mo, and it deserves to be used!
I like to try and turn the bits of gear I'm not using into bits of gear i use all the time :)

Had some interesting offers, keep 'em coming!!

Si

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,
New member just signed up just to look at EUB's and saw this page.
I'm an acoustic player just looking for something which will have an authentic acoustic bass sound but which is obviously much more trasportable! I'd prefer to try out anything before I bought, whereabouts do you live? Or possibly is there any shops anywhere where I could try the same model out?

I also have a four string Ibanez fretless which coz me £400 two and a half years ago which I might be interested in using in some sort of deal....

Thanks,
Rhodri

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumped for new trades and price drop!

[b]£900[/b]

Come on ladies and gentlemen, a beautiful HAND-BUILT upright, Transducer pickup for true upright tones, none of this magnetic pickup 'fretless' lark :).

Cheers
Si

They're just steel Flat's of some sort as far as I can tell, but then I haven't knowingly played plasic/nylon wraps to compare.
They're very easy to play, smooth obviously, loads of bottom end with some blossoming but subtle 'mwah' when you need it.

Because the pickup is a transducer rather than a magnetic, I'm pretty sure you could use whatever strings you wanted though!

Cheers
Si

Edited by Sibob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...