Why become a member? ×

ARIA MAB40 FRETLESS

casapete

Having a clearout of stuff I dont use anymore, so here we have a black Aria MAB40 fretless in shiny black finish.

Its has 2 pickups (precision and jazz types) and is active,with a volume control for each pickup,active / passive switch, tone control and pickup selector switch.
Condition is excellent, with no bumps at all, just a few very light surface marks as you would expect on an early 90's bass. The neck is fine, and the fretboard is showing virtually no sign of wear at all - I have n't used it much since buying it new for a project many years ago -prefer fretted!
It sounds and plays very well indeed - would make a great starter fretless or spare etc.

Comes in a quality gig bag - collection preferred from East Yorkshire/possible help with delivery within say 60 miles for fuel costs/would post to mainland UK if absolutely necessary though.

Looking for £100 - anyone interested?

Cheers

I'm REALLY tempted. Never played a fretless before and I do want a second bass.

You wouldn't be prepared to trade/PX on a 4 string electro-acoustic bass would you by any chance, I never use it.

If not how low would you go on the price if you don't mind me asking, because being a student means I have little money to justify buying a spare bass

I've only just thought that this isn't lined is it? Does it have dot markers (or whatever they are called) along the side of the neck to indicate fret position.

Also a general question to everyone, would it be possible to get someone to line the fret positions so I can see what notes I'm playing, as I struggle to play while not looking

[quote name='Bidd' post='81938' date='Oct 31 2007, 08:36 PM']Also a general question to everyone, would it be possible to get someone to line the fret positions so I can see what notes I'm playing, as I struggle to play while not looking[/quote]

It's a tricky one, this.

If you know anyone who's into model engineering they might have a contact who's a dab hand with a Bow Pen & could apply them with fine paint lines which should eventually wear off, by which time you'll no longer need them.

Alternatively you could try [url="http://www.handover.co.uk/acatalog/"]A.S.Handover[/url] for Finesse Pinstriping Tape F11 which is 1/16" wide (1.5mm) & stick 'em on yourself - might be a bit wide & you'd feel the bumps which would affect the mwah until you'd got confident enough to tear it off. This stuff is also available from [url="http://www.stonehouses.co.uk/products.php?mcid=520&scid=650&PHPSESSID=7626c30413477408bd0063af2bdd35f8"]Wrights of Lymm[/url].

Pete.