Why become a member? ×

ASHDOWN NEO MINI 4 x 8 + 1 x 15 CABS

dodgnofski

Listing on behalf of a bass buddy -

1 x Ashdown Classic Range, Neo 4 x 8 - 8ohm - Bass Cab with custom fitted high frequency horn.

+

1 x Ashdown Classic Range, Neo 1 x 15 - 8ohm Bass Cab

Unbelievably light, portable & as clear as the preverbial 'you know what' - these cabs sing out loud & clear, even in a ten piece band!

Check out the Ashdown Eng. website for all the technical blurb, but I'm sure you already know what these cabs are cabable of!

A lot of Pro Bass Rig - for not a lot of money!

Very good condition & in excellent working order - £625 ono for both - collected, or will pass your details on to arrange delivery & get courier price.

You will not be disappointed!

Edited by dodgnofski

I have the older versions of these two cabs and I love them! I'd be really interested to see how they compare tonally to these actually! Whether there's any payoff for the lack of weight!

Have a bump :)

Si

Hi Si,

According to my bass buddy (who also had the earlier cabs before these) says that in his honest opinion there is no compromise on sound with the new Neo cabs & in fact, because they are front ported - he feels that they sound even better, giving a deeper bass response when needed!

I also had the original Mini's & although I've never actually owned the Neo ones, I've heard my friend use both types and IMHO I would have to agree with him - a much improved bottom end, with no loss of the punchiness & clarity these cabs are famous for.

cheers for the bump,

Tim

quote name='Sibob' date='Jan 14 2010, 02:46 PM' post='712617']
I have the older versions of these two cabs and I love them! I'd be really interested to see how they compare tonally to these actually! Whether there's any payoff for the lack of weight!

Si
[/quote]

Weekend bump - titty - bump!

[quote name='dodgnofski' post='713579' date='Jan 15 2010, 12:01 PM']Hi Si,

According to my bass buddy (who also had the earlier cabs before these) says that in his honest opinion there is no compromise on sound with the new Neo cabs & in fact, because they are front ported - he feels that they sound even better, giving a deeper bass response when needed!

I also had the original Mini's & although I've never actually owned the Neo ones, I've heard my friend use both types and IMHO I would have to agree with him - a much improved bottom end, with no loss of the punchiness & clarity these cabs are famous for.

cheers for the bump,

Tim

quote name='Sibob' date='Jan 14 2010, 02:46 PM' post='712617']

Si[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dodgnofski' post='713579' date='Jan 15 2010, 12:01 PM']Hi Si,

cheers for the bump,

Tim[/quote]

I did wonder whether the new bottoms were porting or just aesthetics. It's interesting that my only tiny gripe with the original ones is that they were rear ported, hmmmm.
Also potentially interested in whether these would be split!?

Cheers
Si

• 1 month later...