Why become a member? ×

P4d courier

richardd

[quote name='richardd' post='709823' date='Jan 12 2010, 11:34 AM']:) Just sent my Valenti no 11 to Geordieland,DHL collected yesterday at 1645, said bass delivered today at 1015,for£16,Thats a good deal, you can even get it sent via P4d for about £7 but takes a couple of day's.So stuff Parcelforce. :rolleyes: :lol:[/quote]

Is that insured?

And it has to be packed right

"Musical Instruments must be shipped in recommended hardcases with padded lining, and then boxed if you don't want the case to become scratched. e.g A guitar being sent in a soft case will not be covered by insurance for damage."

[quote name='richardd' post='709903' date='Jan 12 2010, 12:44 PM']:) On The Button,you Old Git, :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

ha ha

Well having been through the whole thing about failing to wrap a bass according to non-disclosed guidelines only known to the claims department of the Royal Mail, who, of course reject every claim as a matter of course, I tend to look out for these things.

Also any companies who are really Parcelforce pretending to be someone else.

Parcleforce have an insurance limit of £150 for musical instruments that no one seems to know about, including the counter staff who happily sell you extra cover which is worthless.

[quote name='richardd' post='710070' date='Jan 12 2010, 02:58 PM']Don't know wether you know but PForce only give£50 cover, they dropped it down from 150 about oct/nov time.like you say waste of time. just pack well , I have couriered loads of basses and unless they get nicked it's fine, :)[/quote]

Not always ...
[attachment=40051:Hohner.jpg][

Oh yeah!
"Musical instruments will only be covered up to the maximum amount of inclusive compensation included with the service."

So is that £50?
I guess it means you can't buy the extra insurance.

Edited by OldGit