Why become a member? ×

Hello Everyone!

Cheese_monger

Hi All!

Greetings from London!

I've been playing bass for just over 2 years now, and it's become my primary instrument these days (over guitar). I want to get more seriously into playing, and having stumbled across this forum on numerous occasions I thought it was about time I sign up and hopefully learn a thing or two from you guys!

Really into funk playing and all things 70s related. However my main aim is to learn to do proper walking basslines and brush up on my theory, as I've gotten heavily into jazz over the last year or so. (slowly) Working my way through 'The Improviser's Bass Method' by Chuck Sher, if anyone has any other recommendations book-wise please let me know!

Currently using a Mexican P-bass with SD Quarterpounders, and a Hohner fretless Jazz with Kent Armstrongs through my Orange Crush 35B practice amp.

So yeah that's about it,

Cheers all,

Jordan

Hi Jordan and welcome :)

Among many of the jazzers here, you may wish to drop a PM to bilbo230763 for advice on useful books. The theory sub-forum would also be a good place to post (don't go there myself - as a root-note blues plodder, I find it vertiginously scary)

Hope you enjoy yourself here.

• 2 weeks later...